Prince Harry, the Duke of Sussex, and Meghan Markle are set to move back to the United Kingdom after six years in the United States, according to a report by the BBC.
The couple relocated to California in March 2020 after stepping down from their royal duties earlier that year.
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex reportedly intend to move into a private, non-royal residence outside London later in August.
Their children, Archie and Lilibet, are also expected to begin attending a British school in September.
King Charles was reportedly informed about the planned move on Sunday and was said to be “naturally pleased”. He is understood to welcome the opportunity to spend more time with the Sussex family privately.
However, the King has accepted that Harry and Meghan will remain non-working royals and private individuals, with no current plans for them to return to official duties within the royal family.
The Prince and Princess of Wales have also reportedly been informed about the relocation.
Harry and Meghan are expected to retain their homes in Montecito, California, and Portugal. Meghan will also continue running her lifestyle brand.
Sources, however, said it remains unclear whether the move will be permanent.
The development comes months after the Sussex family reunited with members of the royal family at the King’s private home in Gloucestershire for a “private family occasion”.
It was reportedly the first time the King had seen his grandchildren in person in more than four years.





Leave a Reply