Join The Youth Day Celebration In Your City
In South Africa, June 16th is always celebrated as the YOUTH DAY. There are a lot of activities to take part in if you are in any of these cities. Join the fun below;
- 5FM and SABC3 are hosting a day filled with activities, such as Skate like a Boss, which is a skate clinic for children. Actress and 5FM deejay Thando Thabethe is the MC for the day and will be joined by DJ Warras, Nicole da Silva and Ms Cosmo. Deejays Milkshake, Nick Hamman and Roger Goode will end off the day with a sundowner set at Nexdoor on Vilakazi Street. WHERE: Phefeni Secondary School in Vilakazi Street. TIME: 10am to 4pm
- SAMA: Hip-hop stars KO and Cassper Nyovest are performing at the Channel O and VUZUAmp youth day music concert. The line-up also features hip-hop heavyweights Khuli Chana AKA, PRO and Boss Zonke rapper, Riky Rick. TV presenter and artist Kabelo will also take to the stage and will be joined by Uhuru. Deejays Milkshake, Dimplez, Franky, Ms Cosmo, Vigi and duo Major League are also playing. WHERE: Zone 6 Venue, Soweto TIME: 12pm COST: R100 TICKETS: Available from Computicket.
- If you are still yearning for the desert sand from AfrikaBurn’s Tankwa Town, then you can relive some of those memories at the AfrikaBurn Afterglow Party – an event that aims to “celebrate the newness born from the flames” by creating a setting and atmosphere similar to that of AfrikaBurn. There will be art and entertainment. WHERE: Cabanga 252A Montrose Ave, Randburg. TIME: 12pm to 10pm COST: R150 TICKETS:Available at quicket.co.za
- “Feel free … Just be!” is the slogan of for the Youth Expression festival that aims to remember the past and celebrate the hopes of the class of 1976. The festival provides a platform on which the youth can express themselves in drama and other art forms. The programme will kick off with a march from Applause Square and will also include theatre productions such as The Kraal and Missing. WHERE: State Theatre. TIME: 11am to 8pm.INFO: Visit statetheatre.co.za. TICKETS: Available from computicket.
- Award-winning producer, composer and guitarist, Selaelo Selota, is performing at the FynArts festival celebrating visual arts, music, literature, food and wine. Selota is a jazz artist whose style is made up of traditional singing and dancing from migrant mine workers and Pedi melodies. WHERE: Zwelihle Primary SchoolTIME: 2pm to 4pm COST: R60 to R130 TICKETS: Available at webtickets.co.za
- The Kaleidoscope concert aims to show off some of the young talented dancers from Cape Town through the Dance for All programme. The dancers are trained in ballet, contemporary, hip-hop, African and Spanish dance. WHERE: The Artscape Theatre TIME: 3pm. COST: R100 TICKETS: Available from Computicket or call 021 421 7695 to book a seat.