Fatty foods that are actually good for you
First of all, we all need to understand that Calories are not necessarily bad!!. Most people believe that calories are all bad and if you cut it away from your diet then you’re gonna be doing good for your weight.
This is not necessarily true because over time it could backfire. A car needs fuel to move, a generator needs fuel to run, this is the position of calories in the body. Calories serve as a sort of fuel that gives us the energy to get things done and If your body has insufficient fuel what do you think would happen?.
We designed to work and survive so your body automatically adapts to expend fewer calories for each activity. This doesn’t mean you need to “over-fuel” yourself, as they say, less is more but not taking it at all is even worse. Let’s go straight to our top 5 fatty foods you didn’t know were healthy.
- Dark Chocolate- Most of us love to munch that a good thick piece of dark chocolate and good news for you it’s actually rich in antioxidants that can help lower blood pressure and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Coconut- I’m sure most of us don’t even know that coconut is high in fat, shocker right. Good news, this type of fat is burned not stored making it a good choice for consumption.
- Eggs- You might have heard that eggs are bad for you because of it cholesterol level, over the past 40 years, there has been significant debate about egg nutrition facts. Eggs are now making a comeback as a food being labelled “nutritious” once again.
- Butter- Once you hear the word butter your mind automatically goes to fat. It is not advisable to eat it all day every day but does not mean you have to totally cut it off from your diet plan. Low-fat butter to the rescue, there is a lot of fat soluble vitamins in butter, it contains a lot of healthy saturated and lowers heart attack risks compare to margarine.
- Avacado- Avacado is a fruit that contains quite some level of fat but this not stop it from being one healthy fruit. They are rich in vitamins, potassium and is loaded with heart-healthy monosaturated fatty acids.
So there it is! In life, everything must be done in moderation, don’t run your body system down trying to stay healthy. Moderation is key.