Dare. Don’t Be Afraid of Mistake!
It is so easy to worry about making mistakes. Only people who dare, try, persevere and complete tasks can achieve success. It is so comfortable to be passive, make no effort, and stick to the familiar. However, by doing so, you allow external influences shape your life.
Daring to try new things and making changes, seem intimidating. For most people, it is more comfortable to suffer, complain, and stay in the same place than take the risk to try and fail.
Why daring is intimidating?
- You are afraid of making mistakes.
- You are afraid of looking ridiculous.
- You want to avoid criticism.
- You lack of self-esteem and self-confidence.
Difficult as it might seem to agree with the above, you agree, yeah? Are you intimidated by the truth this list brings to light? If you are, well it is your choice. You can either choose to be unhappy, complain, and stay where you are OR take a step beyond your fears and start daring.
It is a matter of attitude. It is a matter of changing your mindset. As the saying goes, ‘it is all in the mind’.
You will notice after making a choice (the most difficult part really) that it would seem less intimating to dare, even when (trust me, you will) you make mistakes and bad choices.
All people who achieved success of any kind dared to try. They made mistakes, failed over and again, but did not give up.
Where Can You Dare? This depends on you. It is advisable to start with minor matters, and as you gain confidence, move to bigger things.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Start learning a foreign language.
- Go meet new people and friends.
- Take a trip abroad- if the recession is not much of a problem to you.
- Redecorate your home.
- Ask your boss for a raise.
- Start going to the gym.
Dare. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
After gaining some experience you will feel more confident to dare handle bigger projects, such as:
- Find a better job
- Go back to college or start studying at the University
- Make the move you always wanted, to a new neighbourhood, a new city, or a different country
- Start a business
- Turn a hobby into a business
These are just a few of the things you can dare to do.
If you make mistakes, it’s all right. Everyone make mistakes. Learn from them and move on. As said earlier, all successful people made mistakes, but they didn’t let their mistakes discourage them or deter them, you know?
It’s quite simple, though not so easy to dare, and be afraid to make mistakes. This has nothing to do with finance, physical strength or education. It is all a state of mind.
You need to find the strength and courage within you. You should learn to be courageous and daring, and do things, without the need to be pushed and motivated from the outside.
You have this strength within you, you only need to be conscious of it, and strengthen it. Affirmations, visualization, and inner strength development are the tools to do this.
Learn to be a doer, by taking the initiative and acting now, without procrastinating or hesitation. Start with simple little things to gain experience and confidence.
- Can you learn to speak fluently a foreign language, without making some mistakes at first?
- Can you become a great cook, without learning, cooking and experimenting, and making some mistakes along the way?
- Can you create a successful business, without learning, investing, making mistakes, and trying again?
- Can you become an expert in any field, before you had enough experience?
Don’t worry if you make mistakes on the way. By making mistakes, you learn to improve and do better.
Act, it is not as difficult as it seems.