African actress cum producer, Yvonne Okoro is a year older today. To celebrate the multiple award winning star, here are 31 facts you should know about the talented black beauty.
1. Yvonne was born on November 25, 1984.
2. She’s a Ghanaian actress of Nigerian and Ghanaian origin.
3. Her father comes from Abia State in Nigerian, and her mother is from Enyan Abaasa in Ghana.
4. Her Igbo name is Chinyere.
5. Yvonne prefers to be called an African.
7. Yvonne started showing interest in acting while she was a little child but her disciplinarian father insisted she focus on her education.
8. For her primary education she attended Achimota Preparatory School.
9. She proceeded to Lincoln Community School and then to Faith Montessori School before finally completing her secondary education at Mfanstiman Girls’ Senior High School.
10. In 2002, just after her Senior High Education, Yvonne made her screen debut in “Sticking to the Promise,” a movie produced by Nigerian producer Theo Akatugba.
11. Followed by a cameo role in the hit series Tentacles by the same producer for Point Blank Media Concepts.
13. She has a Barchelor’s degree in arts, combining English and Linguistics, which she obtained from the University of Ghana.
14. In 2008/09, she enrolled at the University De-Nantes in France where she studied Press Civilization, Drama and Marketing.
15. She’s one of the first Ghanaian actress to feature in a movie in France.
16. She’s so popular in Ghana most of her fans think she’s full blood Ghanaian.
17. Since her debut in 2002, she has featured in over 70 Ghanaian and Nigerian movies.
18. The actress made her debut as a producer in the 2012 movie “The Contract” which won her an AMAA and AMVCA award.
19. She won Best Actress Award at the 2010 Ghana Movie Awards.
21. One of the few actress to have received four Africa Magic Viewers’ Choice Award.
22. 2012, she was honoured with a Distinguished Achievement Award at the Nigeria Excellence Awards.
23. She is among the top best actresses in Ghana and known for her remarkable performances.
24. Currently she is one of the highest paid actresses in Africa with great commercial value.
25. She’s the CEO of DesamourTv.
26. In 2014, the actress debuted a cooking show “Dining with,” which has hosted top Nigerian celebrities like 2face Idibia, Julius Agwu, Uti Nwachukwu among others.
29. In 2013, Yvonne Okoro Commissioned a Playground she Built for the Students of Dzorwulu Special School in Accra, Ghana.
30. Despite her achievement, Yvonne’s father is still not happy with her career choice.
31. Once rumored to have dated Togolese football star, Emmanuel Adebayor. Although, Yvonne has repeatedly denied the claims. 11 months ago, the rumor mills were at work again, when it was reported that the actress was set to tie the knot with a certain Igbo billionaire.