President Goodluck Jonathan has called of a visit to the town where more than 200 schoolgirls were abducted according to a report.
Sources had told BBC News he would stop in Chibok, in the north-east, on his way to a conference in France on the threat from Boko Haram militants.
But the visit was called off for security reasons, the officials said.
It was set to be Jonathan’s first visit to Chibok since the girl’s were captured last month.
Jonathan is said to have ruled out negotiations over a possible release of prisoners.
Nothing was seen of the girls for almost a month after they were taken from Chibok.
But on Monday the group released a video showing more than 100 of them and offering an exchange for prisoners.
UK Africa Minister Mark Simmonds said Jonathan had “made it very clear that there will be no negotiation” at a meeting on Wednesday.
Nevertheless, President Goodluck Jonathan will travel to Paris to take part in a summit convened by French President Francois Hollande to discuss Boko Haram.