NewsNews

Sad News: 10-year-old boy kidnapped while returning from church in Abuja

A 10-year-old boy has been declared missing after he was reportedly kidnapped by unknown persons in the Kubwa area of the Federal Capital Territory.

Chibuike Ogbusu reportedly disappeared from the compound of the Saint Bartholomew Cathedral Church (Anglican Communion) in Kubwa, Abuja.

Chibuike was reportedly on his way home from Boys Brigade rehearsal at the church last weekend when he was snatched up by his kidnappers.

Nigerian Eye reports:

Chibuike’s father, Dr. Peter Ogbusu, told newsmen on Wednesday that the family had yet to hear from the kidnappers, adding that different people had however been calling to make “funny” demands and suggestions.

According to him, the boy had gone to the church for rehearsals with three friends. They were coming home when he was snatched.

“After the Boys’ Brigade practice, Chibuike’s friends told him they wanted to drink water at a borehole in front of the church, but he told them he was not thirsty. So the others went to drink while he waited for them. When the three boys got to where they left Chibuike, they did not see him and they left for their homes, thinking he had gone home. They did not know that he had been abducted,” Peter said.

The Optometrist said when the family did not see Chibuike at 7.30pm, they telephoned his friends who expressed surprise that he had not reached home since he left the church around 6.30pm.

The father said, “We went to the church and searched for him everywhere, but saw no sign of him. The next day being Sunday, it was announced in church that our son was missing. We also went to hospitals, but we didn’t see him. The police are currently investigating his disappearance.”

He added that the family had, however, been receiving calls from unknown persons asking for N10m, while others advised him to visit a prophet who would assist him to locate his missing son.

The worried father expressed hope that the boy would be found, noting that everyone had been praying for Chibuike’s release.

The FCT Police Public Relations Officer, Altienne Daniel, said the incident was being treated as a missing person case.

“I have just spoken with the DPO, Kubwa, and he confirmed that the case is being investigated; the boy is only missing, he was not kidnapped,” she said.

Leave a Comment