This is a series of what happened with some of Nollywood Actors and Actresses in 2011. Here is just a recap of their achievements, awards, recognition, movie premieres and many more. The Good, The Bad and the Ugly… Enjoy!!
- Mercy Johnson – She really made news this year with her Traditional and White wedding to Prince Okojie. Her news was on every headline both Prints, Magazines and Online. She was the number one buzz maker in Nollywood this year. Right from the preparation till the end, the news about her wedding was everywhere. After the successful wedding in Recently in the news, it was said that she got blind at a movie location. Her publicist debunked the story and said it was a rumor that she is on a movie location in Lagos and getting set for her trip to Australia in a matter of days.
- Rita Dominic – The Beautiful actress was the Co Host for The Headies (Hip Hop World Awards) with Ace Producer and Rapper Eldee The Don.
- Chinedu ‘Aki’ Ikedezie – The other half of Pawpaw got engaged recently to his wife Nneoma.
- Funke Akindele – who started her career in ‘I Need to know’ series back in the days has risen enormously by the choice of many movies and also becoming brand Ambassador for companies like GLO, Lagos State Internal Revenue Service and she just got an endorsement deal with KLIN Detergent. After the release of OMO GHETTO Pt 2, she premiered her movie in October 2011 ‘The return of Jenifa’ which sold over 7 million on its first week at the Cinemas.
- Olu Jacob and Joke Silva – These couples are the most respected couples in the Movie Industry as at today. Mrs Jacobs clocked 50 in October and her husband of 25years renewed their vows on her 50th birthday at Freedom Park, Broad street Lagos Island. Romantic couples you say.. Olu Jacobs also got a National award on Sunday November 13th, 2011 from Dr Goodluck Ebele Jonathan the conferred award of Member of the Federal Republic (MFR)
- Ini Edo – Truly, she had the year rosy for her. She landed her self in a multi million naira endorsement deal with Rebecca Hair Product makers of Noble Hair, also a GLO Ambassador. She premiered her new Movie ‘I’ll take my Chances’ in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State on Saturday, September 24, 2011. She also won Best Actress in Nigeria at the 2011 ZAFAA Awards.
- Tonto Dike – The Screen Goddess has many tongues wagging this year with her enormous Mermaid Tattoo on her back.
- Odunlade Adekola – The Yoruba Actor was announced earlier this year as a GLO Ambassador for Africa’s Biggest Tele-communication Company.
- Uche Jombo – The Beautiful Nollywood Actress premiered her movie ‘ Damage’ this year a on July 31, 2011 at the Silverbird Galleria in Lagos/ And she also premiered the movie in Houston, USA and New York.
- Kunle Afolayan – The Yoruba Actor joined other celebrities as one of the GLO Ambassadors earlier this year with Odunlade Adekola. Phone Swap’ is the new feature film by award winning actor/director Kunle Afolayan. Fresh off the critical and commercial success from his last offering ‘The Figurine’’, any project Kunle touches turns into gold and this clip already looks like a surefire winner. Starring sultry Nollywood diva Nse IKpe Etim, screen legend Joke Silva, Wale Ojo and Ghanian Lydia Forson.
- Kate Henshaw – The Nollywood Actress, Face of Onga ambassador and former GLO Ambassador clocked the Big ”40′ in July 2011. She threw a lavish party (organized by Elizabeth R) and wined ‘n’ dined with family and close friends. Her colleagues in Nollywood were not left out. Love that she is brave enough to embrace her age publicly. Recently her Marriage of 12 years hit the rocks. Painful! But she has moved on..
- Jim Iyke – The Nollywood Actor Jim Iyke has come to terms with the fact that, he has a serious anger problem and such needs help. Is it refreshing he has realized he has anger problems and he is doing something about it by taking anger management classes.
- Stephanie Okereke – Nollywood star LG Ambassador, Face of Kanelekon Hair Products, VVF Advocate Stephanie Okereke covered the October Edition of The Complete Fashion Magazine along side Bez Idakula. And she also received a National Award on November 13th , 2011.
- Nse Ikpe Etim – Nse Ikpe-Etim has been in the entertainment industry since age 18 when she anchored a show on NTA. Her first movie role was in Venom of justice 2 after which she has acted in various movies including the Nollywood BIG hit movies, Reloaded and Guilty Pleasures, where she acted as Ramsey Nouah’s wife. She is Fast becoming a face to reckon with in the movie industry. She has featured in so many movies Phone Swap, Same Page Stage Play and others. She won Best Actress at the 2011 Best of Nollywood Awards in Lagos.
|KATE HENSSHAW AND HER EX HUSBAND|
Other Nollywood Actors and Actresses also got the National award from the President are:
|Kanayo O. Kanayo||Artist||Private||MFR|