Join our Newsletter
Stay up to date with our latest posts
Thank you for subscribing!
Max Verstappen Commits Future to Red Bull With Deal Until 2030
,

Max Verstappen Commits Future to Red Bull With Deal Until 2030

Four-time Formula 1 world champion Max Verstappen has extended his contract with Red Bull until 2030, ending speculation about a possible move to another team.

Red Bull and Verstappen announced the new deal on Thursday ahead of his home Dutch Grand Prix this weekend.

The decision comes despite Red Bull struggling to match Mercedes’ pace this season. Verstappen has also yet to win a race in 2026.

Verstappen Commits to Red Bull

The 28-year-old said his strong relationship with Red Bull played a major role in his decision to remain with the team.

“I have always said it: the team is like a second family for me, and I feel very at home. I came to the team hoping to be able to win races. What we went on to achieve together has been simply lovely, and we have shared many incredible moments and won four world championships,” he said in a statement.

“To continue this journey with the same team that I have been with my whole career is really special and something I have always wanted to do.”

Verstappen’s previous contract ran until 2028. However, reports said it contained performance-related clauses that could have allowed him to leave earlier.

Those clauses fueled speculation that the Dutch driver could seek a move to a rival team.

McLaren Links End

Verstappen had been linked with McLaren after reports of a June meeting between his representatives and the team’s management.

McLaren CEO Zak Brown, however, said the team would continue with Lando Norris and Oscar Piastri.

Carlos Sainz Jr. had also emerged as a possible replacement for Verstappen at Red Bull. The Spanish driver signed a new contract with Williams on Wednesday.

Verstappen Backs Red Bull’s Future

Red Bull has gone through major changes in recent years. Christian Horner left his role as team principal last year, while renowned designer Adrian Newey also departed the team.

Verstappen praised Laurent Mekies, who took charge after Horner’s departure. He described the year under Mekies as “great” and said he saw a “clear vision” for Red Bull’s future.

Verstappen joined Red Bull’s second team, then known as Toro Rosso, in 2015 at just 17. His debut made him the youngest driver in F1 history, a record he still holds.

Please follow and like us:
X (Twitter)
Visit Us
Follow Me

Share Now!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.