The Nigerian Lawyer Awards, will be holding its first award ceremony this year. Being the first-of-its-kind, the event will be unquestionably the biggest night of the year for the legal profession. Made possible by Noetico Repertum Inc. (a Law publishing firm based in Lagos), it is billed to be an annual acknowledgement and celebration of personalities who have added noteworthy value to the legal profession by their active, excellent and innovative participation in the art and business of law practice in Nigeria.
The organisers, like never before, are propelled by a desire to host credible awards, which will reflect the views of the majority of stakeholders in the legal profession and further emphasize the huge presence of specialization in Nigeria’s legal practice.
Awards shall be presented to the overall winners in the following categories:
1. Law Firm of the Year-
2. Managing Partner of the Year
3. Associate of the Year
4. Election Petition Firm of the Year
5. Intellectual Property Firm of the Year
6. Criminal Law Firm of the Year
7. Shipping/Maritime Law Firm of the Year
8. Aviation Law Firm of the Year
9. Labour Law Firm of the Year
10. Human rights Firm of the Year
11. In-House Counsel of the Year
12. Commercial Law Firm of the Year
13. Taxation Law Firm of the Year
14. Electricity Law Firm of the Year
15. Real Estate Law Firm of the Year
16. Law Teacher of the Year
17. Arbitration Law Firm of the Year
18. Oil and Gas Law Firm of the Year
19. Legal Department of the Year
20. Corporate Finance Law Firm of the Year
21. Immigration Law firm of the Year
22. Most Innovative Law Firm of the Year
Nominations will begin on Monday 6 May, 2013 and end on Friday 13 June, 2013. Nominations may be done by filling the nomination form online at www.thenigerianlawyerawards.
com, or by printing out and filling the forms which will be sent to our office.
To ensure transparency and credibility of the Awards, the eventual winners are chosen through the following process:
1. The process commences when nominations open in May 2013. Nomination is open to all persons called to the Nigerian Bar as Barristers and Solicitors of the Supreme Court of Nigeria.
2. Upon the close of nominations, the names of nominees will be aggregated and cut down to three based on number of nominations.
3. The names of shortlisted nominees will be published.
4. The shortlisted nominees will be contacted and required to submit their professional profiles.
5. Their profiles will be sent to an independent Jury composed of fifty senior members of the Bar for their final votes.
6. Names of the eventual Winners will be announced at the Awards Ceremonies to be held in October 2013.
For enquiries: visit our website at www.thenigerianlawyerawards.