THREE SUPER FALCONS MAKE NIGERIA PROUD AS THEY ARE NOMINATED FOR 2019 CAF AWARDS
Three Nigerian female football players have been nominated for the 2019 African Women’s Player of the Year award by Confederation of African Football (CAF).
Asisat Oshoala, Chiamaka Nnadozie and Uchenna Kanu of the Super Falcons of Nigeria were shortlisted alongside seven other African footballers for the award.
The CAF Awards is held to honour the best African association football players.
The three Nigerian football stars play for FC Barcelona Femení, Rivers Angels and Southeastern Fire respectively.
Oshoala has won the award three times.
Below is the full list of the nominated women in the category
- Ajara Nchout (Cameroon & Valerenga )
- Ange N’Guessan (Côte d’Ivoire & Tenerife)
- Asisat Oshoala (Nigeria & Barcelona)
- Chiamaka Nnadozie (Nigeria & Rivers Angels)
- Elizabeth Addo (Ghana & Jiangsu Suning)
- Gabrielle Ouguene (Cameroon & CSKA Moscow)
- Refiloe Jane (South Africa & AC Milan)
- Tabitha Chawinga (Malawi & Jiangsu Suning)
- Thembi Kgatlana (South Africa & Beijing Phoenix FC)
- Uchenna Kanu (Nigeria & Southeastern Fire)
— CAF (@CAF_Online) November 24, 2019
Follow us for more stories on Twitter and Instagram @Olorisupergal