News

All Boko Haram Suspects In Kuje Prison Have Escaped – Defence Minister

At least 64 Boko Haram suspects in Kuje Correctional Facility are currently missing after the Tuesday night attack, Minister of Defence, Bashir Magashi said on Wednesday.

Disclosing this during a press conference in Abuja, Magashi said the attackers are Boko Haram insurgents and 64 of its members, who were inmates in the facility, cannot be found.

He said “what actually happened, they came in their numbers and released some of the inmates. We are now trying to determine the kind of inmates they released.

Magashi added “we are trying to see what we can do to see that all escapees within the prison accommodation are brought back to the prison yard.

“About 994 inmates, we have about 600 already inside now. Many people are being recaptured. The people who came to do this, from the records, belong to a particular group, from all indicators they are Boko haram.

“Presently we could not locate any of them. Currently, they are about 64 of them as inmates and we could not locate them.”

Earlier on Tuesday night, unknown gunmen had attacked the prison with explosives.

Source: Daily Post

Leave a Comment

Share: