Love is in the air!! Ceremonies are back—and celebrities are definitely on board.
This year marked the beginning of marital bliss for some Nigerian celebrities in the music industry to the film industry.
Find below 8 Nigerian celebrities who said “I do” in 2022.
- MI Abaga & Eniola Mafe: Jude Abaga, also known as MI Abaga, a 41-year-old veteran rapper, married his fiancée Eniola Mafe on September 2022. The ceremony had in attendance fellow celebrities like Banky W and Adesua Etomi-Wellington, Basketmouth, IK Osakioduwa, amongst others.
- Rita Dominic & Fidelis Anosike: The couple exchanged vows at in a closed destination wedding in grand style in North Yorkshire, England.
- Kemi Adetiba & Oscar Heman-Ackah: The “King of Boys” director got traditionally hitched to her Ghanaian sweetheart in April, 2022. The wedding had lots of Nigerian celebrities in attendance and was the talk of the town.
- Peggy Ovire & Frederick Leonard: These Nollywood stars surprised us back to back when they came out to announce their relationship, then to the surprise proposal on Peggy’s birthday and their wedding. It was star-studded and the couple engaged us with dazzling pre-wedding, traditional and wedding photos.
- Ini Dima-Okojie & Abasi Ene-Obong: The cute duo got married in June, 2022. Ini’s wedding was a very private wedding; however the wedding is nothing short of class and sophistication. Her wedding ceremony was a unique blend of two Nigerian cultures: Edo and Calabar.
- Mercy Chinwo & Blessed Uzochikwa: Gospel artiste, Mercy Chinwo, took fans by surprise when she announced her engagement to Blessed Uzochikwa, the resident pastor at WaterBrook Church, Lagos. The couple tied the knot in a church ceremony, a day after their traditional marriage in Port Harcourt, Rivers State capital.
- Nikki Laoye & Kunle Adeyoola: Nikki Laoye, tied the knot with fellow singer, Kunle Adeyoola, aka Soul Snatcha. The ceremony was a beautiful one. The couple tagged their love affair as the union of the #Snatchas
- Tim Godfrey & Erica Katrina: Worship leader Tim Godfrey and his bride Erica Katrina held their beautiful wedding ceremony at Culpeper, VA, United States.
- Vector & Yinka Coker: Vector Tha Rapper married his longtime lover, Yinka Coker in an intimate civil wedding on the 21st of December.