Over the years, the rise of content creation in Nigeria has risen far beyond expectations. Content creation is growing to be the biggest employer of labour in Nigeria. Most people have moved from being just an ordinary internet user to making a viable career by leveraging social media and knowledge as content creators, influencers, and YouTubers.
In no particular order, we take a look at top 10 female content creators in Nigeria who made social media fun for us in 2022.
1. Taaoma: Maryam Apaokagi, known as Taaooma, is such a phenomenon content creator. She is known for acting multiple roles in her comedy skits. She either appears as Mama Taaoo, Taaooma, Baba Taaoo,Tayo, etc and shows immense talent doing this. A drama queen with relatable content, Taaooma’s rise to fame was due to her novelty in the storytelling of stereotypical African mothers who discipline kids for everything and anything.
2. KieKie: Bukunmi Adeaga Ilori, popular as Kie Kie, is a Nigerian TV personality, model, actress, fashion enthusiast, and content creator. She is well known for playing roles that include adding silly Yoruba intonation and sharp mouth that always gets her into trouble. KieKie is a talented comedian who understands her craft.
3. Bimbo Ademoye: Everybody can agree that Bimbo Ademoye is a natural comedian and actress. It’s how she effortlessly manages to keep a straight face whilst being extremely funny for us. We always lookout for new contents from her.
4. BeryLama: Also known as Anozie Chiamaka Beryl is one talented content creator with a very commendable acting skill. She’s one of the most popular content creators on Tiktok who plays different characters in her skit and creates comic content with hilarious costumes.
5. CelynUkam: No one saw Celyn Ukam coming. She’s one of the most-watched content creators due to her relatable content. Celynukam is not just popular on Tiktok but also on Instagram. She’s known for her hugely popular dance videos, lip-syncing and funny facial expressions.
6. Aji Anje: Ikekhua Anthonia Jegbefumen, also known as Aji Anje, is also one talented content creator in Nigeria. She rose to fame for being at the forefront of the slo-mo challenge. She has since expanded her content pool to include video reels and nostalgic videos.
7. Jenni Frank: Onyekwelu Jennifer Ebere, known as Jenni frank, has continued to grow her following steadily over the years through her hugely popular lip-syncing and dance videos. Through a range of lip-syncing, dance routines, pop culture crazes and duets, she has set herself apart and continues to make strides while uplifting Nigerian content.
8. Maraji: Gloria Oloruntobi referred to as Maraji, is one of the funniest female comedians in Nigeria. Despite being away for a few months, Maraji got back into her game like she never left. Her contents are very creative. Maraji’s ability to play multiple characters in her videos is beyond impressive.
9. Caramel Plugg: Ogechi Ukonu also known as caramel plugg or the bonnet girl first came to the spotlight after posting hilarious videos on her Instagram page. She’s referred to as the bonnet girl because she never appears without her bonnet. Just picturing her doing her silly dance moves with so much excitement alone can crack you up. Caramel Plug is a vibe all the way with her fun and lively videos that will leave you smiling all day.
10. Realsophy: Sophia Chisom Ikemba, better known as Soso the ‘pure water’ girl, is popular for her signature skirt and of course, pure water bowl. We love the simplicity and creativity of her content.
Did we skip any of your favorite content creators? Let’s hear it in the comment below.