As Nigerian fashion evolves more and more every day with fashion designers and fashion shows taking Nigerian fashion to the world, Nigerian fashion is a global force that is here to stay.
Let’s take a look at 5 Nigerian fashion shows in 2022 we enjoyed.
- The Lagos Fashion Week: Lagos Fashion Week, has proved itself as a Launchpad for emerging African designers who have their sights set on global growth. Since its inception in 2011, #LagosFW has been pivotal to shaping Africa’s fashion future and this year it featured African Designers such as Munkus, Tia Adeola, Pettre Taylor, Aora, MetaKay, Elie Kuame, Oshobor to bring fresh design and color to the African fashion and accessory design.
- 4 GTCO Fashion Weekend: After a two-year break, the Guaranty Trust Bank Fashion weekend returned with a bang in 2022. Fashion and style enthusiasts worldwide once again experience extraordinary fashion moments at the 2022 Guaranty Trust (GTCO) Fashion weekend. Various works of fashion designers from both home and abroad were displayed on the runway. As expected, several fashion fans turned up for the event which took place in Lagos state.
- The Atafo’s SS23 Fashion Show: Scotch whisky brand, Macallan, partnered with popular fashion designer, Mai Atafo, as the latter’s brand, ‘Atafo’, showcased its spring/summer collection, ‘The Atelier’, and celebrated its 12th anniversary. The event, which held in Lekki, Lagos, 2022, was graced by personalities in the music industry such as Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, Omowunmi Akinnifesi and others.
- Fashions Finest Africa Fashion Week: The Fashions Finest Africa Epic Show 2022, was a testament to the abundance of fashion creative in the country. The show threw spotlight on new and emerging entrepreneurs, giving them the opportunity to showcase timeless and ingénue designs on a global scale. The two-day runway show featured amazing designs from numerous designers including Eugene D’Wise from Ghana, LovelabelbyIfe, Cute-Saint, Joseph Ejiro, Afro King and Queen, Deefurse Leatherware, and many others.
- Afro Hair Culture $ Beauty Festival: The fashion exposition was put together by Specialized Exhibitions Montgomery, as it is the largest gathering of corporate organizations and natural hair lovers showcasing the beauty of African culture and Heritage.