Coconut oil has been talked about for its healthy benefits to the skin. However, if you have an oily or sensitive skin, it is advisable to use a small amount or try applying it only to a small section of your skin to make sure it doesn’t cause irritation or blocked pores.
Here are the benefits of coconut oil on your skin;
1. Coconut oil could reduce inflammation: Chronic inflammation is a major component of many different types of skin disorders, including psoriasis, contact dermatitis and eczema. Interestingly, coconut oil has been shown to have anti-inflammatory properties.
2. It helps to treat acne: Acne is a condition in which part of the skin of the body has swollen spots. Research shows that it might actually help treat acne, burns, bruises when applied. Because coconut oil and its components may help reduce inflammation in the body, it may also aid in the treatment of acne.
3. It has also been shown to help treat eczema, a skin condition characterized by scaly, itchy rashes. It promotes the healing of scars and relieve itching when applied to affected areas.
4. Applying Coconut oil reduces skin dryness: Coconut oil is rich in fatty acids, making it an effective moisturizer and it absorbs quickly. It moisturizes dry skin, helps keep it hydrated and maintain overall skin smoothness.
5. It helps to heal wounds; Several studies have demonstrated that coconut oil may also aid wound healing. Treating the wounds with virgin coconut oil speed up healing, improved antioxidant status and increased levels of collagen, an important protein that aids in wound healing.
Watch this video to know how to make coconut oil for hair, skin and food