Most women use makeup as a shield, a means of covering up their imperfections while some just love using it to highlight their beauty. There is no problem with wearing makeup from time to time but it becomes a problem when you can’t do without it. Everybody is beautiful in their own unique way and everyone needs to realize that depending on a particular thing as a source of beauty would drive you crazy. You need to pause for a minute and ask yourself: Why do i wear makeup? Is it to feel pretty, is it to impress people, is it to cover up my flaws?
Makeup is a great way to express yourself but you should also realize that less is more. Here are some benefits of wearing less makeup.
- Your skin will thank you– As pretty as it makes you look, makeup is quite toxic for your skin and anything you put on your skin will be absorbed by your body. These makeup products contain chemicals that might not always be good for your skin, you’ll also experience less breakouts. Wear less makeup and allow your skin breathe freely, it is also much easier to maintain a glowing, clean-feeling complexion when you wear less makeup.
- You’ll spend less money– Money money money!!!! Makeup products are expensive especially in this side of the world. You can practically buy just a powder for 10 thousand naira upwards. Women spend a huge amount of money on beauty products, some of which we just throw to the side and unknowingly let them rot in the depths of our makeup drawers. When it comes to personal makeup kit, keep it to the minimum, buy things you would actually use and not because you saw it in a beauty shop or a makeup artists bag. Why buy a set of 30 brushes when you’re only going to use 6 of them half of the time, absurd!!! Imagine spending that money on good food and good skin products so you can have a natural glow.
- You save time- Less makeup means less time in front of the mirror and more time on the move. Most women take 30minutes to an hour to get their make up done and half of them end up getting to their appointment late. Why not go natural and make it there on time. Don’t get me wrong there are special occasions that require that face to be beat but try and keep it down to the barest minimum.
- You’ll feel lighter- Have you ever noticed after a long day of wearing makeup your face begins to feel heavier and once you take it off you feel a whole lot lighter? On hot days, makeup feels like a wool blanket without any kind of ventilation. And when you sweat, your makeup just pours down your face. When you wear less makeup, you feel cleaner. You feel lighter. You don’t feel that weird layer on your face threatening to melt off in the sun or blow off in the wind.
- Stay young– A lot of people think they need makeup to look younger, but you might actually be prematurely ageing your skin by trying to cover up those wrinkles and spots. Some of these makeup products could be quite harsh to the skin and end up slacking the skin over time. Be gentle with your skin.I urge all women to try to wear less makeup. It seems counterintuitive, but the days you’ll be more confident about yourself are the days you have less makeup on. Start by removing one piece of makeup first, like maybe your eyeshadow, and wearing your face that way for a week. A week is a decent amount of time for people to get used to what your face looks like without eyeshadow, slowly you’ll see that you don’t need it as often as you used to. Don’t depend on makeup as your source of beauty, you’re beautiful in your own unique way.