Buhari Renews Appointment of 12 Non-career Ambassadors
A presidential spokesperson, Femi Adesina, in a statement on Thursday, July 2, said, the appointments were made following recent complaints that some states were not captured in the earlier appointment of 41 non-career ambassadors.
The presidency said the appointments of the 12 non-career ambassadors were renewed based on performance evaluation. Photo credits: African Leadership Magazine Source: UGC Adesina said the appointments of 12 non-career ambassadors were renewed based on performance evaluation. He said the president will still decide if they will remain in their current postings.
The ambassadors whose appointments were renewed are:
1. Mrs Uzoma E. Emenike (Abia)
2. Yusuf M. Tuggar (Bauchi)
3. Muhammad B. Madugu (Bauchi)
4. Amb. Baba Ahmad Jidda (Borno)
5. Uyigue O. Oghogho (Edo)
6. Dr. Eniola Ajayi (Ekiti)
7. Deborah S. Iliya (Kaduna)
8. Mohammed D. Rimi (Katsina)
9. Prof. Tijjani Muhammad-Bande (Kebbi)
10. Dr Modupe E. Irele (Lagos)
11. Adeyinka Asekun (Ogun)
12. Sen. Goni Modu Zanna Bura (Yobe)