World Olympics Day: 5 Female Nigerian Athletes You Should Know
Today is the World Olympics Day and here are 5 female Nigerian Athletes you should know:
- Blessing Okagbare: She is a professional athlete who has earned the Africa’s fastest woman three times at different Olympic races. Blessing Okagbare specializes in long jumps and short sprints.
- Falilat Ogunkoya: She is also a professional athlete who made mind-blowing records at the Olympics. First, she was pregnant when she won a medal at the 1996 Atlanta Olympic Games. Also, she is the only Nigerian to have won two medals (400m & 4×400m) at a single Olympics game.
- Patience Okon Geroge: She is a Nigerian sprinter and she is a two-time African Championships bronze medallist in the individual 400 metres event. She is also a three-time Nigerian National Champion in the 400 metres.
- Aminat Olowora: She is a national champion runner and she was named the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics’s Women Runner of the Year in 2017.
- Glory Alozie: She is also an athlete who won a silver medal for Nigeria in the 100 metres at the 2000 Sydney Olympics few days after losing her fiance in a ghastly motor accident.