News

KANO GOVERNMENT WITHDRAWS CONTRACT WITH CONTRACTOR WHO FILMED GANDUJE BRIBE VIDEOS

The Kano State Government has withdrawn three contracts awarded to Tiamin Multi Services Limited – a company belonging to Aminu Mohammed who is believed to be the contractor behind the Ganduje bribe videos.

The move was announced by the state commissioner of information, Mohammed Garba during a press briefing on Friday.

According to the commissioner, the projects withdrawn were worth N1.6 billion.

Mr. Garba said the reason was as a result of non-performance by the contractor. Two of the projects, which are construction of roads in Bichi and Fagge were awarded on August 2, 2017 and November 13, 2017 with completion period of four months and 14 months respectively.

Ironically, one of the projects by Tiamin that has now been cancelled by the state government, is the dualisation of Kofar Dawanau-Dandinshe-Kwanar Madugu which was mentioned in one of the bribe-taking videos.

He said the contractor has been unable to complete the projects despite collecting respective advance payments of N204 million and N96 million.

In a series of videos released late last year by an online newspaper, Daily Nigerian, Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, Governor of Kano State, was seen in the videos collecting wads of dollar bills at different times believed to be kick-backs from contract awarded by the state government.

Further investigation reveals that Tiamin’s managing director, Mr Mohammed, was the one who filmed the videos while delivering the cash to the governor at different times.

A probe into the scandal by the Kano State House of Assembly was also stalled in November by a high court of Kano State at the instance of Mr Ganduje.

Leave a Comment