News

ATIKU REPLIES LAI MOHAMMED, CALLS ALLEGATION ‘COCK AND BULL STORY’

Atiku

Presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has denied claims made by the Federal Government regarding his involvement in the collapse of Bank PHB.

In a statement signed by his special adviser on public communication, Phrank Shaibu, the PDP’s presidential candidate said the allegations as a ‘Cock and Bull Story’. He dismissed the statement made the Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammed who said Atiku has a case to answer over Bank PHB.

He also said the Federal Government should bury its head in shame after its inability to stop him from going to the United States, and that it was shameful to ask the government of another country to deny him entry into their country.

Alhaji Lai Mohammed had cautioned the US. against granting Atiku visa to enter the country.

Atiku arrived the US. on thursday, 12 years after his last visit to the country amidst claim he was denied entry to the country because of corruption allegations.

The statement said:

“It is disgusting to continue to spin allegations of corruption against me by people who have failed to come forward with a single shred of evidence of my misconduct while in office. Isn’t it a shame that the ruling party whose National Chairman, Adams Oshiomhole only yesterday gave official confirmation to the general belief that, even if Lawrence Anini becomes an APC member today, Buhari will forgive and consecrate him can turn around to accuse me of corruption today?

“They just suddenly woke up to the reality that, their lies about Atiku being corrupt can no longer hold? I challenge the federal government to come up with evidence that I benefitted from N156 million slush funds through Claremont Management Services Account on 13th January 2009 as well as the collapse of Bank PHB as they have alleged. It is instructive to note that, the same Bank PHB is now Keystone bank which was said to have been acquired Buhari’s cronies through AMCON last year.”Atiku said.

“I am shocked that the minders of the governing APC can be lobbying the US to deny me a visa when no other party is in a bigger mess than the APC following the confusion arising from its unprecedented record of non-performance,” the statement read.

“The prevailing situation in the country is due to the lack of initiative of the ruling party, the All Progressives Congress (APC) , which has in turn robbed the party of the wisdom needed to tackle the massive unemployment level and mindless violence, including kidnapping, armed robbery, killings by herdsmen that are ravaging the country,” Atiku claimed.

He added that Nigerians are sick and tired of hearing the same promises of job creation and employment generation without anything to show.

”Never in the history of Nigeria have the people being subjected to the kind of unemployment level that the country is now witnessing under the All Progressives Congress (APC). It is indeed a double tragedy that a government that cannot even provide for the people is also unable to ensure their security. Having failed woefully, it is time for the Buhari led administration and APC governments at all levels to be kicked out through the forthcoming general elections,” Atiku said.

Leave a Comment