It’s a New Year!!!
And here are the top movies you should be expecting this January.
- Escape Room: Escape Room is an upcoming American psychological thriller film directed by Adam Robitel and written by Bragi F. Schut and Maria Melnik. The film stars Logan Miller, Deborah Ann Woll, Taylor Russell, Tyler Labine, Jay Ellis, and Nik Dodani. The movie follows six strangers invited to compete in a series of immersive escape rooms; however, when they discover that the rooms contain deadly traps, they must use their wits to survive. The film is scheduled to be released in the United States on January 4, 2019, by Columbia Pictures.
- The Upside: Inspired by a true story, The Upside is a heartfelt comedy about a recently paroled ex-convict (Kevin Hart) who strikes up an unusual and unlikely friendship with a paralyzed billionaire (Bryan Cranston). Directed by Neil Burger and written by Jon Hartmere, The Upside is based on the hit 2011 French film The Intouchables. The movie has stars like Kevin Harts and Nicole Kidman.
- Serenity : Serenity is an American neo-noir thriller film directed and written by Steven Knight. The film stars Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Diane Lane, Jason Clarke, Djimon Hounsou, and Jeremy Strong, and follows a fishing boat captain who is approached by his ex-wife to murder her new husband. The film is scheduled to be released in the United States on January 25, 2019, by Aviron Pictures.
- Replicas: Replicas is an American science fiction thriller film directed by Jeffrey Nachmanoff and written by Chad St. John from a story by Stephen Hamel. The film tells the story of a neuroscientist who violates the law and scientific principles to bring his family members back to life after they die in a car accident. The film stars Keanu Reeves, Alice Eve, and Thomas Middleditch. It was shown at the 2018 Night Visions International Film Festival in Finland and is scheduled to be released on January 11, 2019, by Entertainment Studios Motion Pictures.
- Glass: Glass is an American superhero thriller film written, co-produced and directed by M. Night Shyamalan. The film is a sequel to Shyamalan’s previous films Unbreakable (2000) and Split (2016), cumulatively forming the Unbreakable series, also known as the Eastrail 177 Trilogy. The film is scheduled to be released on January 18, 2019 by Universal Pictures.
- The Kid Who Would Be King: The Kid would be King is an upcoming fantasy adventure film written and directed by Joe Cornish, had stars like Louis Ashbourne Serkis (son of Andy Serkis), Tom Taylor, Rebecca Ferguson, and Patrick Stewart. The movie follows the story of Alex Serkis, A young boy who is picked on at school and does not appear to be very special at all. However, that soon changes when he finds and pulls King Arthur’s famous sword Excalibur. He discovers that he is destined to form a new round table for an upcoming battle with the medieval villain Morgana (Ferguson), who summons evil forces to rule the world.The wizard Merlin (Imrie) assists Alex in his quest. He was depicted as a young incarnation of Merlin in the film but capable of transforming to his old self (Stewart). The film is set to be released in the United States in 25 January 2019, and in the United Kingdom in 15 February 2019, by 20th Century Fox.