2019 Elections! APC Release Schedule for Primaries, President Buhari to Pay N45m
The All Progressive Congress (APC) has disclosed that all presidential aspirants under the party, including President Buhari, will pay the sum of N45 million.
The party also released the timetable for its primaries election ahead of 2019 general elections.
In the timetable signed by the National Organising Secretary of the party, Emmanuel Ibediro, said activities will commence with the sale of forms from September 5th to 10th.
This will be followed by nationwide congresses on September 12 to elect delegates for other primaries except the presidential which will be decided by direct primary by all card-carrying members of the party.
Read the full statement of the APC below:
The National Working Committee (NWC) of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in line with the provisions of our Party’s Guidelines for the conduct of Party Primaries for the 2019 General Elections as approved by the National Executive Committee (NEC).
- Wednesday 5th – Monday 10th September, 2018: Sale of Expression of Interest and Nomination Forms for Elective Offices.
- Thursday 13th – Friday 14th September, 2018: Appeals arising from Congresses.
- Saturday 15th – Tuesday 18th September, 2018: Screening of Aspirants that have Purchased Forms.
- Wednesday 19th – Thursday 20th, September, 2018: Appeals arising from the conduct of Screening of Aspirants.
- Thursday 20th September, 2018: Presidential Primary; Direct Primary.
- Saturday 22nd September, 2018: Appeals arising from the conduct of Presidential Primary.
- Tuesday 25th, September, 2018: Governorship Primaries.
- Wednesday 26th – Thursday 27th September, 2018: Appeals arising from Governorship Primaries.
- Thursday 27th – Saturday 29th September, 2018: Legislative Primaries; to elect Candidates for Senatorial elections and for House of Representatives elections.
- Friday 28th – Sunday 30th September, 2018: Appeals arising from all Legislative Primaries.
- Tuesday 2nd October, 2018: House of Assembly and FCT Area Council Primaries to elect State House of Assembly and Area Council Candidates.
- Wednesday 3rd October, 2018: Appeals arising from the conduct of House of Assembly Primaries.
- Saturday 6th October, 2018: National Convention (Presidential); to ratify/ elect Presidential Candidate.
All aspirants for presidential, governorship, Senate and House of Representative elections should pick their forms at the party’s national secretariat while aspirants for State Houses of Assembly have the option to purchase their forms either at their respective state party secretariat or the national secretariat.
The party stated that all forms are to be collected and submitted on or before September 12 and payments for these forms should be made in full to designated banks.
The cost of the nomination forms are as follows:
House of Assembly aspirants will pay a total of N850,000; House of Representatives aspirants are to pay a total of N3,850,000.
Senate aspirants will pay a total of N7 million, governorship aspirants a total of N22.5 million and presidential aspirants a total of N45 million.
There shall be no separate charge for deputy aspirants while female aspirants and physically challenged aspirants will pay 50 per cent of the prescribed fees for each position.