FIRE AT MAGODO GAS PLANT
A normal busy Monday morning in the Magodo area of Lagos state turned chaotic, when a gas station exploded.
Two persons are feared dead ,the fire was allegedly as a result of gas leakage from one of the trucks in the compound.
It was said that a vehicle with a faulty exhaust drove past at that period, thereby resulting in the sudden explosion.
Many people are injured following the fire purportedly spreading to other properties in the neighbourhood.
As the flame could be seen from as far as a kilometer away, men of the Lagos state fire service were said to be the first responders on the scene as they are seen battling the inferno head on.
This popular gas station, situated in a residential estate has been the destination for cooking gas users around the area.
Also responding to the emergency are men of Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), LASAMBUS, RRS, FRSC,
The Director of Fire Service, Mr Rasak Fadipe, explained that the efforts of his team prevented the fire from causing more damages.