India garri has no NAFDAC number says Ministry of Health
Minister of health reveals findings
The minister of health via twitter, has responded to viral case of one imported “India Garri” simply refered to as “TRS Gari.” This unapproved product is said to be on sale at a popular supermarket in Ikoyi, Lagos.
Prof Isaac Adewole said upon receiving the information, the ministry got to work and discovered the following;
Our actions and findings are outlined below: (Updates via @NafdacNigeria)
- NAFDAC Officers visited the Supermarket in Ikoyi today
- 26 packets of 500mg each of the products were seized for analysis
- The product has no NAFDAC number
- The product is said to be from Ghana but packaged in UK
- The Management of the Supermarket have been invited for further discussion in our Lagos office.
Investigation is still on.