The SLAY Festival organized by Digital media company She Leads Africa was held on the 21st of January, 2017 from 10 am – 8 pm at the Railway Corporation in Ebute-Metta, Lagos. The outdoor event was aimed at celebrating innovation, technology, and culture with a major focus on African women. The festival featured panel talks with inspirational speakers, who were invited on stage in groups of 2 – 4 mentors per session. The mentors discussed their rise to fame and reasons for their success.
Some of the speakers present at the SLAY Festival to share their insights include:
- Mary Remmy Njoku, Film Producer and CEO of ROK Studios
- MI. Abaga, Rapper, and Entrepreneur
- Toke Makinwa, Author, and Media Personality
- Audu Maikori, Founder of Chocolate City Entertainment
- Kabir Shagaya, CEO of Zippy Logistics
- Zainab Balogun, Actress, Model and TV Presenter
- Arese Ugwu, Founder of Smart Money Africa
- Ehinomen Rose Umane, Business Development Lead, BellaNaija.
- Kemi Adetiba, Film and Music Video Director
- Bolanle Olukanni, TV Host and Producer of On the Carpet with Bolinto
- Bukky Karibi-Whyte, Founder of Invicta Africa and The Bobby Taylor Company
- Fela Durotoye, CEO of Gemstone Group
- Tara Durotoye, Founder of CEO of House of Tara
Also, bestselling authors Arese Ugwu and Toke Makinwa were present at their book stands to sign autographs, and take pictures with fans.
Other highlights from the event that left attendees impressed were
- Henna Tattoo stand, where few guests got their Henna painting done
- House of Tara Makeup Stand
- Salon Stands
- Contreau Drink stand, where free drinks were offered to guests … among others
More pictures from the event below
WATCH OUR VIDEO PICK OF THE WEEK