SEBECCLY CANCER CARE CELEBRATES 10 YEARS OF IMPACT
Sebeccly Cancer Care is celebrating 10 years of Impact and contribution to the cancer advocacy in Nigeria.
Sebeccly Cancer Care is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to increasing the number of cancer survivors through education, advocacy, and treatment support and rehabilitation services; with a diverse team of oncologists, medical doctors, public health experts, pharmacists, councelors/psychologists and cancer survivors
Sebeccly is committed to having more women survive breast and cervical cancer in Nigeria by empowering patients, strengthening health care institutions and improving the quality of care in Nigeria.
Cancer care is largely excluded under health insurance and its cost is unaffordable this puts a financial strain on the patient and relatives.
In a recent focus group discussion conducted by Sebeccly, several survivors indicated that lack of information and the affordability of Cancer Care were the commonest challenges faced.
Sebeccly Cancer Care programmes are tailored to solve these challenges.
- Promoted cancer awareness to over 20,000,000 Nigerians through our Cancer Information Service such as Online Platforms, Community Events, Strategic Collaborations, Media Interviews and Publications
- Illuminated the National Arts Theatre Pink 2014 in line with the Cancer Awareness Campaign
- Hosted the 1st Guinness World Record Event in Africa by gathering over 7,598 people to form the largest human pink awareness ribbon for which the Dutch Expatriate Community honored us as the Charity of the Year 2015.
- Supported over 3,000 people living with Cancer and their loved ones with information, counseling, and treatment aid and navigation services, 20 of whom are survivors
- Created a strong network of cancer survivors who lead the monthly Support Group Meeting and shape the cancer survivorship services.
As part of the anniversary celebration, Sebeccly launched the ‘Change Her Cancer Story’ Campaign. The objective of the campaign is to create awareness through series of offline and online event.
Other line-up of events for the awareness campaign by Sebeccly is ‘TLC Experience Tour and the Anniversary Gala.
Sebeccly Proactive Collaborations for Impact
- The Women Empowerment Programme 2015- 2016 in partnership with The First Lady of Lagos State- H.E Mrs. Bolanle Ambode.
- The Breast Screening Free Screening Programme in partnership with The Lagos State Ministry of Women Affairs & Poverty Alleviation (WAPA).
- Sebeccly Mastectomy Initiative in partnership with General Hospital, Lagos
- Sebeccly Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy Access Initiative in partnership with Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH)
- Free Breast Screening for 350 Women in partnership with Edo State Government and Okpekpe Road Race 2016
Sebeccly Ambassadors & Patrons (Past & Present)
- E Mrs. Bolanle Ambode, First Lady, Lagos State
- Dame Abimbola Fashola
- Lola Akande, Honorable Commissioner, WAPA
- Mo Abudu, Founder, Ebony Life TV
- Chioma Akpotha, Award Winning Actress
- Leesi Peter-Vigboro, Miss Nigeria 2015
- Chioma Adogwu, MBGN 2014
- Uche Jumbo, Award Winning Actress & Producer
- Wana Udobang, Radio Presenter
The Sebeccly Anniversary Gala is scheduled to hold on the 25th of September 2016 at the Lagos Oriental Hotel, Victoria Island.
For tickets to the Anniversary Gala & Event Enquiries, please call Engr. Mrs. Omojole 08033150446 OR Email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information on Sebeccly Cancer Care, visit www.sebeclycancercare.org
For inquiries on the Cancer Support, call 08022244899, 08087111629
For media enquiries, please contact Chidi Nnamah: 09096249245