New Orleans offers its own unique variety of food, music, and art. You will not find its cultural phenomenon anywhere else. As a destination on a vacationing visitor’s or potential residents’ to-do list, New Orleans ranks high and offers the 5 following reasons for visiting:
- Music – No matter what the season, there is a music-filled festival for the ears of every New Orleans vacationer. Explore the history of New Orleans’ diverse cultures and many ethnicities, and experience its multicultural traditions, museums, and restaurants. Celebrate the lights, cameras, and action of the film, literary, theatre, and art festivals.
- Cemetery – New Orleans is the only place where cemeteries are featured as a major tourist attraction. 17th century architecture, distinctive, elaborate tombs, and an eerie history, provoke unusual eagerness in visitors to explore the famous resting places in New Orleans.
- French Quarter – Millions of people from all over the world gather in the treasured area of the French Quarter to experience what is known as the largest and most preserved district of mainly 19th century architecture. Several other tours guide travelers for jam-packed pleasures.
- Harrah’s Casino boasts 113 table games, nearly 2,000 slot machines, and 20 poker tables for non-stop excitement.
- Bars and Clubs feature authentic New Orleans music in authentic New Orleans music clubs for unforgettable nights out. Enjoy the jazz, dance, burlesque and cabaret, and the world-renown Bourbon Street.
Sports And Recreation
- The third oldest, continuously operating thoroughbred racetrack in the United States is the New Orleans Fair Grounds track. Sports bars and venues offer something for everyone. Recreation activities abound.
Deciding where to retire is a big decision for many seniors to make. A recent study by NerdWallet revealed that New Orleans is ranked the second best city in which to retire. Believe it or not retiring in New Orleans is fun!
Factors many Americans consider when making this decision:
- Presence of peers over the age of 65.
- Affordability, including health care costs.
- Annually warmer climates.
- Easy access to local areas and services that are in the range of walkability.
The New Orleans Council on Aging provides many resources for senior retirees, and those seniors who enjoy summers that are hot and humid, winters that are mild, and affordable living cost, the Big Easy is a great place to choose retirement living.
Whether a visitor planning a vacation, or a senior selecting a place to retire, New Orleans can be a premier destination.