Prince: Behind The Symbol on M-Net channel 101
On Thursday, 21 April 2016, the world learnt of the sad passing of musical legend Prince, who left behind a legacy well worth remembering.
In honour of the pop icon, M-Net channel 101 on DStv will air an entertaining music special titled Prince: Behind The Symbol on Sunday, 1 May at 3:30pm. The part documentary/concert exclusive features the music legend’s extraordinary performance at the Los Angeles Forum in 2011.
The special also covers interviews with celebrities George Lopez, Boris Kodjoe and Maya Rudolph among others, as well as quick inserts with serious fans of the iconic musician.
During his lifetime Prince garnered a number of awards which include:
- 1985 Academy Awards: Best Music, Original Song Score for “Purple Rain”
- 1985 Grammy: Best Album of Instrumental Score Written for a Motion Picture or Television Special “Purple Rain”
- 1996 Brit Awards: Best International Male
- 2004 Grammy: Special Award “Purple Rain” which he shared with his team
- 2005 Grammy: Best R&B Vocal Performance – Male for the song “Call My Name” and Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance for the song “Musicology”
- 2007 Golden Globes: Best Original Song – Motion Picture “Happy Feet-The Song of the Heart”
- 2010 BET Awards: Lifetime Achievement Award
Rest in Peace Prince Rogers Nelson 7 June 1958 – 21 April 2016.