Yusuf Abubakar: 12 Things to Know about the Creative Director for Bobby Valentino‘s clothing line
Earlier this year, top fashion designer, Yusuf Abubakar was announced the Creative Director of American singer, Bobby Valentino‘s clothing line – The Bobby V Collection.
In line with his achievements in the industry in 2015, #OSG reveals 12 facts about the young fashion & lifestyle entrepreneur.
1) Yusuf Abubakar is the founder affordable luxury brand AP Apparel Polo.
2) He is also the founder Stag House Fashion show, one of the biggest independent fashion show in Northeast England.
4) He is the brand representative for luxury watch brand, Ritmo Mvndo, owned by celebrity jeweller, Ali Soltani.
5) Blackburn Rovers striker, Leon Best was the first footballer to wear his work.
6) He is the official wardrobe designer for Newcastle midfielder, Cheick Tiote.
7) Davido and Brymo were the first Nigerian artiste to wear his outfit.
8) The first American artiste who saw his work and appreciated it was hip hop artiste, Chidera Anamege, (Chiddy Bang).
10) He was recently recognize on The Nigeria Arise Award.
12) His favorite designers are Ap Apparelpolo, Hermes for watches, Bottega Venetta, Yves Saint Laurent, Emernegildo Zegna, Valentino Garavani and Karl Lagerfield.