YouTube has compiled its biggest “trending” videos of 2015, which they calculated based on views, shares, comments, and likes. They separated these videos from the general pack of songs and music videos, since those tend to dominate.
The top video on Youtube globally, features kid dancer Heaven King and has 115 million views and counting. It’s the first time that a dance video has been the most popular of the year, and it’s likely not the last, since its closest competition only got 83 million views. The rest of the list has music videos and we even have a top trending list for Nigeria.
Top Trending Videos:
- Silento- Watch Me (Whip/Nae Nae) #WatchMeDanceOn
2. Clash of Clans Revenge Official Super Bowl TV Commercial Featuring Liam Neeson
3. Roman Atwood’s “crazy plastic ball prank,” turning his home into every kid’s dream
4. This inspiring “Love Has No Labels” PSA from the Ad Council
5. Will Ferrell, Kevin Hart, and Jimmy Fallon lip-sync battle on “The Tonight Show”
6. Justin Bieber’s epic carpool karaoke with James Corden on “The Late Late Show”
7. The Slo Mo Guys’ experiment of putting a full-grown man in a water balloon
8. Calum Scott’s powerful and emotional audition on “Britain’s Got Talent”
9. A police officer’s silly rendition of “Shake It Off”
10. President Obama reading mean tweets about himself on “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”