Happy Birthday to one of the most incredible producers of all time, who we absolutely love! As a songwriter, musician, and an overall producer, we have the utmost respect for birthday boy Michael Collins Ajereh aka Don Jazzy.
The Dorobucci boss turns 33 today, but no matter how many years he’s been around, Don Jazzy just seem to get better and better. From producing hit tracks to spotting talents, the CEO of Mavin Records is one of the most influential celebrities in Africa.
Here’s 10 reasons why the birthday boy is one of our favorites in the industry:
1. He wasn’t born with a silver spoon, which makes it easy for him to connect with majority of Nigerians, who’re in love with his music.
2. He grew up in an area that has arguably produced the most talents in every sphere, from music to sports, Ajegunle was where Don Jazzy truly discovered himself.
3. His roots in Cherubim and Seraphim Church Movement strengthened his musical talents and propel him to greater heights. At age 4, he clearly had strong interests in the drum and singing, and at age 12, he first picked up a bass guitar, and developed a passion for it. The rest they say is history.
4. Don Jazzy is a master of all. From writing songs, singing and producing, the graduate of Business Management from Ambrose Alli University has been able to build a brand that is now a commercial success.
5. Don Jazzy can spot a talent from a thousand miles away. In a recent interview with #OSG, he said, “am always on the look out for the next big thing.” Who knows, you could be next.
6. There’s no drama with him. He’s one entertainer that has been scandal free. Don jazzy does everything he can to keep his private life private. Even when there was controversy surrounding his break up with former partner, D’Banj, the Abia State born producer kept his talents—singing and business—in the spotlight, while keeping the rest of the drama out.
7. He lends a hand. In a recent interview with #OSG, Don Jazzy revealed that he supports a lot of technology start-ups in the country.
8. He’s a philanthropist. Although, he doesn’t have a foundation of his own, Don Jazzy still lends a hand whenever the need arises.
9. This might break the hearts of many ladies but Don Jazzy’s first and only love is his music. Every other thing comes second, including his love life.
10. He’s an amazing Boss. Don Jazzy treats everyone at Supreme Mavin Dynasty as a family. From domestic staff to label artist, everyone loves and adore him. No wonder, SMD is currently the most successful record label in Africa.
So, why do you love Don Jazzy?