James Abiodun Faleke was born on 25th of December, 1959 in Ekinrin Adde, Ijumu Local Government of the old Kabba province, a Yoruba speaking area of Kogi State of Nigeria, where he had his Primary and Secondary School Education.
While in Secondary School at the prestigious Abdulazeez Atta Memorial College, Okene, a School that has produced a number of leaders in the Country, he distinguished himself in the school curriculum activities; it is worthy of note that he was the House Captain of the largest House “OHIMEGE HOUSE”, where he excelled as a leader.
Thereafter he got admission into Kaduna Polytechnic in Kaduna State, where he obtained Higher National Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Management with Upper Credit in 1986. He received Best Student Award.
James Abiodun Faleke was involved in sporting activities in all schools he attended, and he played for the schools at the state and national levels. For instance, he was the playmaker of the school’s volleyball team and the Captain of the Table Tennis and Handball Teams as well as a strong member (Striker) of the School Football Team. He was in the Volleyball Team that represented the Higher Institution at the NIPOGA games in 1985 and he won several medals for the Institution.
Hon. James Abiodun Faleke was posted to Lagos State for his NYSC program in 1986/1987 Service Year, at the joint Orientation Camp held in Ibadan for the Four States of Lagos, Oyo, Ogun and Ondo, where Hon. James Abiodun Faleke emerged as the Parade Commander for the entire NYSC members of the Four States. This function he performed creditably well to the admiration of all and was thus recommended for an award by the camp Commandant, which later saw to his Posting to the National Orthopedic Hospital, Igbobi for his primary assignment.
NYSC COMMUNITY SERVICE
He had his community development Service in Ikeja LGA and was also a group leader. As part of his service to the community, he constructed dustbins to assist with waste collection and management in Ikeja LGA during his Service in 1987, and thus got a letter of commendation from the Local Government. Ever since then he has not relented in his service to the community.
As it is often believed that every good work earns its own reward, Hon. Faleke later became an elected Chairman in Ojodu LCDA of Ikeja Local Government Area.
PROFESSIONAL / EDUCATIONAL ADVANCEMENT
In pursuance of his educational and Professional Career, Hon. James Abiodun Faleke has a Master Degree in Business Administration, (MBA) with Management as his field of specialization from Imo State University, Owerri Imo State.
In 1992, he sat and passed the Professional examination of the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply, (CIPS) London. He was thus awarded the full Professional Membership of M.C.I.P.S to be used after his name. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Public Administration (FIPA).
From 1986 to date, James Abiodun Faleke has worked in different management capacities of procurement, clearing and forwarding, warehousing, distribution and construction. In 1986/87 he worked as the Purchasing Expediter in National Orthopedic Hospital in Lagos State, he also worked as a Material Manager at Kayo Foods Limited Ilupeju in Lagos State, he then furthered his employment career as a Purchasing, Clearing and Distribution Manager and Commercial Manager in Tate Industries PLC, Purchasing Manager in Air Liquid PLC, Purchasing Manager in Aluminum Manufacturing Company of Nigeria (ALUMCO) PLC, and finally worked as a Commercial Manager at Crown Agents Ltd. in year 2000 to 2003.
POLITICAL OFFICES HELD:-
In 2011, he emerged as a federal legislator representing Ikeja Federal Constituency in the House of Representatives. He was duly re-elected in March 2015.
Ø CHAIRMAN-House Committee on Anti-Corruption, National Ethics and Values.
Ø Member House Committee on Public Procurement.
Ø Member House Committee on Millennium Development (MDG).
Ø Member House Committee on Interior.
Ø Member House Committee on Public Accounts.
Ø Member House Committee on Science and Technology.
Ø Member House Committee on Petroleum Subsidy Probe.
The Public resultant benefits are as follows:
Creation of public awareness.
Exposure of monumental fraud in the petroleum sector.
The establishment of the SURE –P by the Federal Government.
Creation of employment opportunities for Nigerian Youths.
Increase in Federal Allocation to States and Local Government Areas.
LEGISLATIVE MATTERS & DUTIES
LEGISLATIVE BILL SPONSOR SHIP/ MOTIONS:
1. N.Y.S.C. ACT Amendment Bill: To provide Life Assurance coverage for NYSC members.
2. Legal backing for newly created 9 Federal Universities.
3. Prohibition on the sale and use of Military uniforms.
4. The construction of pedestrian bridges at Berger and Onilekere bus-stop, Ikeja Federal Constituency.
5. The construction of Lagos Ibadan Expressway.
6. The replacement of Soldiers with Civil Defence Corps at NYSC camps.
7. The need to put on holds the re-introduction of Toll gate on Federal roads.
8. Motion on the need to clamp down over 1,400 Illegal border routes to curb insurgence.
James Abiodun Faleke was the Pioneer Executive Secretary of Ojodu Local Government Development Area from November 2003 to April 2004.
Elected Executive Chairman of Ojodu Local Government Development Area from 2004 to 2011(Two-Terms).
Chairman, Conference 57, body of Local Government Chairmen in Lags State. (ALGON), 2006 to 2011.
Member, Lagos State Electoral Reform Committee.
Member, Governor’s Advisory Committee, Lagos State.
In December 2014 to April 2015 James Abiodun Faleke was the Lagos State Campaign Coordinator for Buhari/ Osinbajo Campaign Group.
In recognition of James Abiodun Faleke’s educational achievements philanthropic gestures, people and result – oriented services to humanity within and outside his political constituency , he received several worthy Awards from Corporate bodies , NGOs, various communities , the media, students and so on.
AN OVERVIEW OF THE AWARDS ARE AS FOLLOWS
1. BEST STUDENT AWARD
Purchasing and Supply Management 1984/86 Best Student Kaduna Polytechnic, Kaduna state.
2. Lagos State N.Y.S.C MERIT AWARD. 1986/87 service year.
3. HONOURARY FELLOW AWARD. By the Bible Society of Nigeria, Ojodu
4. LEADERSHIP AWARD FOR EXCELLENCE, 1994: By the Leadership Trust Organization an NGO.
5. MERIT AWARD OF EXCELLENCE: By Okun Youth Solidarity Front (O.Y.S.F); 2004.
6. PIONEER EXECUTIVE CHAIRMAN: Odo –Eran Plank and Building Materials Association.
7. CLEANEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AWARD: 1st Runner up in the 3rd Quarter, 15thof September, 2005.
8. CLEANEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AWARD IN LAGOS 2005.
9. INDEPENDENT NEWSPAPER AWARD: Excellence in Local Government Administration 2005.
10. BEST CHAIRMAN IN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT: By Harmony Media Communication Meritorious Award.
11. OUTSTANDING CHAIRMAN OF THE YEAR 2007: By Daily Independence Newspaper.
12. AWARD OF EXCELLENCE FOR COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT, 8THDec., 2007. By Video Rental Operators Association of Nigeria, Ikeja Central Zone.
13. AWARD FOR VALUABLE CONTRIBUTION TOWARDS STUDENTS DEVELOPMENT. By National Association Polytechnic Accountancy Students (N.A.P.A.S)
14. HEERLINK GROUP AS PARTNERS IN PROGRESS
15. AGUDA YOUTH DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION AWARD OF GRAND MOTIVATIORS FOR HIS CONTIBUTION TOWARDS DEVELOPMENT OF AGUDA ,27th DEC., 2008
16. AWARD OF EXCELLENCE PERFORMANCE: By Nigerian Union of Tailors. 2009.
17. Committee of Police and Friends, Area G Chapter in area of Combating of the order of Community Policing Excellence Award 2009.
18. BEST CHAIRMAN IN HUMAN DEVELOPMENT AWARD 2009. By Harmony Media.
19. PANEL AWARDFOR EXCELLENCE IN GRASSROOTS ADMINISTRATION. For his contribution as on if the architects of a new Lagos. 18th Dec., 2009.
20. AIT In conjunction with GOLDEN PICTURES Communications Ltd., Merit Award for his Selfless service to humanity 2009.
21. LEADERSHIP SUMMIT EXCELLENCE AWARD 2009, for outstanding efforts and contribution to the Socio- Economic Development generally.
22. All Christian Leader & Ministers Forum , Ojodu Chapter, A.C.L.M.F MERIT AWARD in recognition of your activities in Ojodu Local Government Development Area and Lagos State In general.
23. AWARD FOR OUSTANDING CONTRIBUTION TO YOUTH DEVELOPMENT. By National Youth Council of Nigeria, South- West Zone.
24. GOLD AWARD OF EXCELLENCE in recognition of contribution to the development and growth of L.C.D.A and support for LASU MBA. 13th March 2010.
25. DISTINGUISH AWARD OF EXECUTIVE by Nigerian Society of Engineers (Lagos Branch) for outstanding contributions towards sustaining the upliftment of the Nigerian Society of Engineers and project execution in Ojodu LCDA. 1st April, 2010.
26. PERFORMANCE AWARD for outstanding performance in grassroots government in Lagos State. April 19th, 2010.
27. Officer and soldiers of the Formation: Brig. Gen. JAO OCHQGA DSS PSC FEWN MSC command 9, Brigade Nigeria Army, Ikeja.
28. Nigerian Union of Journalist (Lagos State Council), Best Local Government on Infrastructure in Lagos. 2010.
29. RECOGNITION AWARD Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply Management of Nigeria, June 2010.
30. GRASSROOTS DEVELOPER AWARD by Celestial Landlord Association, Power line, Oke- Ira Dec., 12th 2010.
31. EXCELLENCE AWARD: By Core Media Ltd., Dec., 2010.
Faleke is believed to be one of the trusted allies and loyalists of the National Leader of the APC, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
His closeness with Tinubu was further evidenced by his appointment as the Lagos State Campaign Coordinator for Buhari/ Osinbajo Campaign Group from December 2014 to April 2015.
Faleke’s selection as running mate for Audu Abubakar was met with stiff rejection from the party chieftains in the state. Many of them described Faleke as an outsider, owing to the fact that his entire political career was in Lagos.
Their argument was based on the fact that he was not well grounded on the politics of Kogi state, as many felt he was imposed by the powers-that-be, in the party.
In spite of this opposition, Faleke went ahead to serve as running mate to Audu, whose death may have possibly created an opportunity for him to run for governor.
But then, his fate for now is left hanging… between his party, the APC, INEC and the Supreme Court, which may be the final decider of the current political logjam that has become the Kogi governorship election of 2015.