Stage is set for Africa’s 1st Karaoke Superstar – TECNO #OwnTheStage Auditions
Finally, the stage is set to unveil Africa’s 1st Karaoke Sensation! The long awaited TECNO Own The Stage Karaoke contest will grace your TV screens on the Africa Magic channel starting from November 15!
Don’t forget to bookmark the broadcast time table below:
Premier Broadcast 15TH November:
- Africa Magic Showcase (19:00 CAT)
- Africa Magic Urban (21:00 CAT)
Repeat Broadcast 17TH November:
- Africa Magic Family (19:00 CAT)
- Maisha Magic East & Bongo (18:30 CAT)
After weeks of carefully listening to sound tracks uploaded to tecnoownthestage.com by thousands of karaoke hopefuls and conducting auditions in Kenya, Tanzania and Nigeria, the top 15 contestants have finally emerged.
Over the next 3 months, these contestants will compete via a number of themed challenges, with one person ultimately emerging as Africa’s first karaoke champion.
The panel of judges include Yemi Alade from Nigeria, Bien (Sauti Sol) from Kenya and M.I Abaga from Nigeria, while the show hosts include Miss Vimbai from Zimbabwe and Uti Nwachukwu from Nigeria.
Prizes To Be Won Include:
- 3rd Place winner takes home USD 10,000 and a Tecno Phantom 5 smartphone.
- 2nd Place winner takes home USD 15,000, a 3 month internship program at Chocolate City + Tecno Phantom 5 smartphone.
- 1st Place winner takes home USD 25,000 plus Record a Song with a Mentor/Judge – to be released commercially, a Music Video, a Tour with a popular act (one of the judges) and get to open the show, and a Tecno Phantom 5 smartphone.
Here Are A Few Takeaways From The Journey So Far:
Africa’s Undeniable Talent for Music:
The African youths are brimming with love and undeniable talent for music. A lot of people who, given an opportunity, will showcase to the rest of the continent and indeed the world just what they are capable of. Tecno Own The Stage competition gave them the opportunity and the platform to do just that. Tecno Own The Stage competition gave them the opportunity and the platform to do just that. Watch the video clips from the audition:
Patience Is A Virtue:
On the day of the auditions in Kenya, Nigeria and Tanzania, a lot of the youths arrived on time and most of them stayed till late in the night to perform for the judges. A young man’s patience paid off as he got three approvals from the judges in Nigeria. Here are photos from the Nigeria auditions.