We took a ride from the beautiful city of Durban to Pretoria by Rovos Rail train and it was one of the beautiful experience we had while in South Africa. Here is why;
The group from Nigeria and Ghana had a beautiful reception before boarding the train and we were served with champagne and juice at the red carpet. We had a very short meeting at the Observation room while on board with Mr Rohan Von who told us the dos and don’ts while on board. The rules were quite interesting but we had to abide by the rules.
- Rovos Rail is known as the Pride Of Africa and their destinations are from Cape Town to Dar es Salaam, Pretoria to Swakopmund, Pretoria to Cape Town, Pretoria to Durban or Durban to Pretoria, Pretoria to Victoria Falls.
- While on Rovos Rail Train, we had interesting stop overs via Durban to Pretoria Route. The beauty of it is that spending time on the itself is magical. It gives you peace of mind.
- The food and service on board is excellent.
What to do while on board with Rovos Rail;
- While on board, you can listen to music only in your cabin.
- You can smoke at the lounge.
- There are no electronic devices allowed in public areas so this is when your creativity should come alive. pick a pen and a book and write what interests you most.
- You can read their magazine – Journey.
- Do not open your windows when leaving your room
- There is no wifi connection on board so this gives you room to bond with your friend or partner. You can say they are really old school but trust me, it feels better when you talk to a friend/partner without using your phones.
- Don’t forget to check the refrigerator. You will like what you see there ( Chocolates to spoil you, Champagne etc)
- While having lunch or dinner, request for more wines ( red or white ). They have that in stock and they taste really good.
If you want to experience traveling by Train, you can book your trip with Rovos Rail and you will surely enjoy your experience with them.
A certificate was given to all passengers on board from Durban to Pretoria. Check it below;
See photos below;
Samantha really enjoyed her stay while on board with Rovos rail.
The trip was courtesy South African Tourism.