As part of Akinwumi Ambode’s Project T.H.E.S.E. which is aimed at integrating solutions involving the systematic integration of Tourism, Hospitality, Entertainment/Arts Sports for Excellence, Akinwumi Ambode campaign is pleased to announce the A+ Theme Song Competition.
The A+ Theme Song competition is an opportunity for musicians and artistes across Lagos to exhibit their talents and be heard on a professional platform. The competition also offers them the prospect of working with 3 of Nigeria’s most successful artistes, MI Abaga, Olamide and Yemi Alade, all known and respected for their talents and musical success.
To take part in this competition, follow these instructions:
- Download the instrumentals to the Ambode Theme song here
- Record your version, presenting a new take and “repping” your Local Government.
- E-mail the song to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please include your full name, phone number and social media contacts.
Submission closes Thursday 26th March.
Shortlisted candidates will be announced on the 30th of March, 2015.
2 Winners will be selected from these candidates.
The winners will win the opportunity to work and receive mentorship from MI Abaga, Olamide and Yemi Alade.
In addition, the campaign will sponsor one music video for artiste whose song is judged as the overall best. Entries will be judged on their originality, creativity, lyrical content, melody, arrangement and overall appeal.
Who Gets What
Artiste entries will be grouped and judged according to the 3 Senatorial zones: Lagos East, Lagos West and Lagos Central Senatorial zones.
- Winners from Lagos Eastwill record and work with African rapper number one, MI Abaga.
- Winners from Lagos Westwill work with rap sensation Olamide.
- Winners from Lagos Central Districtwill work with the delectable Yemi Alade.
Rep your LGA!
- Lagos East Senatorial Zones: Shomolu, Kosofe, Epe, Ibeju-Lekki, Ikorodu
Lagos West Senatorial Zones: Agege,Ifako-Ijaye, Alimosho, Badagry, Ojo, Ajeromi/Ifelodun, Amuwo-Odofin, Oshodi/Isolo, Ikeja, Mushin
Lagos Central District Zones: Lagos Island, Lagos Mainland, Surulere, Apapa, Eti-Osa
- The Ambode Campaign team remains focused on finding new and creative ways to develop and nurture the entertainment industry in Lagos. We believe providing opportunities for young and talented musicians is one of the key means we have of ensuring the prosperity and progress of this great state.
The competition is open to all residents of Lagos, regardless of tribe, religion, or political affiliation.