NewsNews

President Goodluck Jonathan Reacts To Yobe School Attack

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan has conveyed his sincere condolences to the families of the 47 students who died in the Yobe school assembly ground attack earlier today.

In a statement made public by Reuben Abati, the Special Adviser to the President on Media & Publicity, the Federal Government vowed to bring the perpetrators of the attack to book no matter how long it takes.

The statement reads: “President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan extends heartfelt commiserations to the Government and people of Yobe state on the death of many students in a bomb attack on Potiskum earlier today.

“President Jonathan also conveys his deepest sympathies to all parents who lost their beloved children in the heinous attack on the Government Science Secondary School which appears to have been carried out by a suicide bomber.

“The President condemns the dastardly murder of the students on their school’s assembly ground as they prepared to begin another week of study in pursuit of a better life for themselves and their families.

“He assures the grieving parents and people of Yobe state that no matter how long it takes, the Federal Government will ensure that all those responsible for the senseless murder of so many promising youngsters and the continuing acts of terrorism across the country are brought to justice and made to pay for their atrocious crimes,” he said.

Jonathan assured Nigerians that his government is doing all it can to win the war against insurgency and terrorism.

He said, “The President similarly assures all Nigerians that in spite of seeming setbacks, his Administration remains fully committed to winning the war against insurgency and terrorism.

Nigeria, President Jonathan affirms, will ultimately overcome the current security challenges imposed by domestic terrorists and their foreign allies, with the dedication of its Armed Forces and national security agencies, as well as the continued support and cooperation of all patriotic citizens.

Scores of students were earlier on Monday killed when a suicide bomber suspected to be a member of the Boko Haram Islamic sect detonated a bomb while the pupils were on the assembly ground.

The Federal Government recently announced a ceasefire with the Boko Haram sect but Abubakar Shekau, the leader of the insurgent group has since come out to debunk such claims.

Leave a Comment