Rise Networks’ National Youth Forum 6 Hits Ado-Ekiti on the 25th and 26th at Ekiti State University!
After three successful outings in Owerri – Imo State, Umudike – Abia State and Benin – Edo State, Rise Networks’ National Youth Forum continues in its crusade of encouraging young Nigerian Graduates to embrace The Blue Collar Campaign Initiative (Hands on Skills).
This time it’s Ado-Ekiti’s turn, as the NIGERIA BEYOND OIL drive moves to the Ekiti State capital.
Each year, only 40,000 out of the over 400,000 Nigerian graduates who pass out of the NYSC scheme get employment. Furthermore, only about 20 percent of the 40,000 graduates who get employed are in their desired place of work.
These are clear indications that the employment capacity of the country is inversely proportional to available job seekers. The employing capacities of multi-nationals and blue chip companies (which are the dreams of young job seeking graduates) that service hundreds of thousands of Nigerian Youth are relatively low.
As you may well know, RISE NETWORKS is an institution passionately dedicated to assisting Youth to express and achieve their highest feats in idea building, education advancement and wholesome human development.
After a much deserved hiatus taken to research and plan, the highly anticipated, national discourse on Nigeria’s Youth development blueprint, Rise National Youth Forum is finally back with this Season’s theme as NIGERIA BEYOND OIL; Strengthening Youth Entrepreneurship in the Next Most Productive Sectors), ENTERTAINMENT + AGRICULTURE + TECHNOLOGY – (EAT).
The highlight of the restructured Program is the HANDS ON CAMPAIGN… an interactive Video Series on practical skills that empower Youth to earn money and create Jobs. This season’s event will feature very experienced, skilled, knowledgeable Entrepreneurs and dynamic Change Agents as Speakers entrepreneurs who will teach/train Participants and also prepare their minds to compete in the “soon would-be” next most productive sectors.
The Rise Networks’ National Youth Forum (Ado-Ekiti Session) will be a 2-day Event.
Day 1- April 25th – Leadership, Personal Effectiveness and Culture Transformation Training for Student Leaders in the Students Union Government, Departmental and Faculty Executives and Officers in the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs.
1. Jimi Tewe, International HR Consultant and CEO, Inspiro Solutions – Team Building for Growth, Ethics, Managing Partnerships and Change Management
2. Kunle Durojaiye – Lead Project Engineer, Mobil Producing Nigeria Unlimited – Innovation in Project Planning and Implementation
3. Kola Oyeneyin, CEO Venia Business Hub – Presentation Skills and using ICT as a Tool for Engagement
4. Yemi Adamolekun – Executive Director, Enough is Enough Nigeria – Leadership, Ethics and Accountability
5. – Okechukwu Ofili – Founder, Okadabooks.com, Winner, MTN Mobile App Challenge and Author, How Stupidity saved my Life –Developing Effective Writing Skills and Communication Competencies
Day 2- April 26th – The Main Youth Forum which is to target over 2500 student participants within Ekiti State University and other Tertiary Institutions across Ekiti State.
1. Jide Sipe – Head PR and Communications, GT Bank – Between Nigeria’s Human Resource and Oil Wells, how Creativity wins Capitalism
2. Bankole Oluwafemi – Founder, TechCabal.com – Opportunities, Case Studies and Lessons in Nigeria’s Technology Business
3. Akin Oyebode – Head, SME Development Desk, Stanbic IBTC – SME Growth, Best Practices and the right tools of trade in the Digital Age
4. Abisoye Fagade – A brand and communications Consultant. CEO, Sodium Brands Solutions Ltd – Deeper Knowledge and Structures as drivers for the Advancement of Nigeria’s Entertainment Sector
5. Ade Adefeko – Group Head, Government and Corporate Relations, OLAM Nigeria Limited – Agriculture as a Viable Business for sustainable Job Creation in Nigeria
The idea of the EAT Model is to begin to build capacity of young Nigerians to embrace radical change and innovation in preparation for the diversification of Nigeria’s Economy. If Nigeria’s Oil dries up today, these 3 Areas and other divisions of General Production are the major sectors that can guarantee the highest level of employment and Revenue as much as Oil and the barriers of entry into these Industries are pretty low.
Nations like China, India, Japan, North Korea, have massively invested in human capital development which has led to tremendous economic growth in those nations.
For instance, China is known to be the world’s fastest–growing major economy, the largest exporter of goods, and the largest manufacturing economy in the world. This feat was achieved due to the introduction of vocational skills to cater for the ever growing population which is set at above 1billion people.
This spectacular, life transforming, impact focused Program which has an indisputable track record of commanding the attention of the largest single gathering of Nigerian Youth in one Venue is coming to a city near you.
In the exciting Rise Networks’ Quiz Competition, MTN Nigeria, the Program’s Lead Sponsor is giving out Windows 7 Premium Wireless Laptop + MTN Internet Modems and tons of Airtime. Participants will also get the chance to win best selling Leadership and Business Management Books and Material.
Rise Networks has also introduced Instructional Video Content on different areas of Vocation oriented and Production Centered Businesses and will launch and be made available to millions of budding Entrepreneurs on MTN Nigeria’s Online Digital Content Portal, MTN Play.
The Location Roll Call is below:
Ado-Ekiti on the 25th & 26th of April, 2014 (#RISEEkiti)
Venue: Ekiti State University, Iworoko Rd. Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State, Nigeria.
Time: 12 Noon
MTN (Lead Sponsor), Nescafe, EKSU, Close-up, 7UP, OLAM and Verve.
THIS IS A FREE AND OPEN EVENT!
Follow us on twitter (@risenetworks) and facebook (facebook/risegroup)
To find more information, please visit www.risenetworks.org.