It’s Here Again Divas! The TechWomen Emerging Leaders Program 2014 is Here! The 2013 Edition was amazing.
TechWomen is a US-based Mentoring Program. It brings emerging women leaders in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) from the Middle East and Africa together with their counterparts in the United States for a professional mentorship and exchange program. TechWomen connects and supports the next generation of women leaders in STEM fields by providing them access and opportunity to advance their careers and pursue their dreams.
During the five-week program, participants engage in project-based mentorships at leading companies in the San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley, participate in professional development workshops and networking events, and travel to Washington, D.C. for targeted meetings and special events to conclude the program.
TechWomen participants are selected based on the eligibility requirements below. Applications are reviewed by independent selection committees comprised of industry leaders and country experts. Finalists are interviewed by United States Embassy personnel in their country of permanent residence.
- Be women with a minimum of two years full-time professional experience in the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, and math) and/or a career requiring significant expertise/knowledge/application of technology
- Have, at minimum, a bachelor’s degree/four year university degree or equivalent
- Be proficient in written and spoken English
- Demonstrate a willingness to participate in exchange programs, welcome opportunities for mentoring and new partnership development, and exhibit confidence and maturity
- Be citizens or permanent residents of Algeria, Cameroon, Egypt, Jordan, Kenya, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Nigeria, the Palestinian Territories, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Tunisia, Yemen, or Zimbabwe at the time of application, and while participating in the program
- Not have applied for an immigrant visa to the United States, or participated in a visa lottery in the past five years
- Be able to obtain a U.S. visa
- Not hold U.S. Citizenship or be a U.S. legal permanent resident
Preference will be given to applicants who
- Have demonstrated themselves as emerging leaders in their chosen professional track
- Have limited or no prior experience in the United States
- Have a record of voluntary or public service in their communities
- Have demonstrated entrepreneurship and commitment to innovation
Finalists will be contacted via email for in-country interviews in May 2014. Final decisions will be made in June 2014. All applicants will be notified of the results of their application at this time.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply to be a 2014 TechWomen Emerging Leader, please visit www.techwomen.org/participants/eligibility-and-application.
Deadline: February 10, 2014
– See more at: http://www.spreadmediang.com/techwomen-2014-application/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=techwomen-2014-application&utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter#sthash.j4HzAcDM.dpuf