Nigerian Senate have officially announced placing a ban on same sex marriage in Nigeria; Woman+ woman+= not allowed, man +man=not allowed . Only marriage between the opposite sex is allowed in a recognized place of worship.
The Bill states:
1. A marriage contract or civil union entered into between persons of same sex by virtue a certificate issued by a foreign country shall be void in Nigeria.
2. Marriage or civil union entered into between persons of same sex shall not be solemnized in any place of worship either Church or Mosque or any other place whatsoever called in Nigeria.
3. Only marriage contracted between a man and a woman either under Islamic Law, Customary Law or the Marriage Act is recognized as valid in Nigeria.
4. Persons that entered into a same sex marriage or civil union contract commit an offense and are jointly liable on conviction to a term of 14 years imprisonment each.
5. Any persons or group of persons that administers, witnesses, screens, abet and aids the solemnization of a same sex marriage contract or civil union or supports the registration, operation of gay clubs, societies and organizations, processions or meetings in Nigeria commits an offense and liable on conviction to a term of 10 years imprisonment.
The bill awaits the approval of President Goodluck Jonathan.