British Fashion Awards Winners Are…
CHRISTOPHER KANE was named Womenswear Designer of the Year at tonight’s British Fashion Awards, in the year that investment in his brand by French luxury conglomerate Kering confirmed him as an international fashion star of the future. Meanwhile, LVMH – Kering’s luxury competitor – also saw its new young British signing collect an award, as JW Anderson scooped the New Establishment Designer award.
Burberry celebrated two wins on the evening, picking up both the Designer Brand of the Year and the Menswear Designer of the Year awards, while Nicholas Kirkwood received the Accessory Designer of the Year award. Edie Campbell beat Cara Delevingne and Sam Rollinson to the Model of the Year prize, and Miuccia Prada was honoured with the event’s inaugural International Designer of the Year award.
“The roll call of winners announced this evening is a phenomenal display of talent in the fashion industry,” said Natalie Massenet, chairman of the British Fashion Council. “The British Fashion Awards commends not only the winners but celebrate all of the individuals that contribute to the incredible achievements that make London the best fashion destination in the world.
FULL LIST OF WINNERS
- Womenswear Designer of the Year – Christopher Kane
- Menswear Designer of the Year – Burberry
- International Designer of the Year – Miuccia Prada for Prada
- Designer Brand of the Year – Burberry
- Accessory Designer of the Year – Nicholas Kirkwood
- Emerging Womenswear Designer – Simone Rocha
- Emerging Menswear Designer – Agi & Sam
- New Establishment Designer – JW Anderson
- Model of the Year – Edie Campbell
- Red Carpet Award – Erdem
- Isabella Blow Award for Fashion Creator – Lady Amanda Harlech
- British Style Award brought to you by Vodafone (voted by the public) – Harry Styles
- Special Recognition Award – Kate Moss
- Special Recognition Award – Suzy Menkes
- Outstanding Achievement in Fashion – Terry and Tricia Jones, founders of i-D