Ladies! Eva Shows Us How To Create A Distinctly Striking Party Look In Quick & Easy Steps
In-case you didn’t know, Eva isn’t only an artist but also a professional make-up artist and she also has her own make up outfit, popularly known as MakeupByOrsela. She takes to her instagram and twitter page to dish out daily fashion tips for the female folks who want to look distinct;
My Female fans always request for Makeup tutorials and it is always a blessing to be able to teach somebody something new. The requests for the Makeup school sessions keep doubling by the minute. It is humbling to know that they trust me to teach them and want to make themselves available to learn.
This tutorial showcases two very distinct looks for two different types of ladies. The one who is reserved but likes to have fun and the one who doesn’t just want the fun but also likes to get all the attention at the party-
Eva, C.E.O ‘makeupByOrsela
Eva created this looks one after the other, starting with the simple soft smokey eye on the left and transforming that to the more intense look on the right. Now lets start with the products used.
Whatever your desired look, begin your makeup application on clean primed skin.
. Moisturise and Prime your skin using a foundation primer. If you are oily skinned or sweat a lot, you might need an oil control lotion or matifier. Generally i advice you use an oil control lotion so your Makeup is not disturbed throughout your nightout.
Smash Box photofinish primer was used here.
2. Apply your foundation and define your face using simple contour and highlight techniques. This would ensure that your face is sculpted just right with makeup, framing and slimming up the features of the face.
I prefer brushes for general foundation and concealer application.
Brushes used for this look: Real techniques core collection brushes and Sigma essential kit brushes
3. Fill in Brows. I am assuming you have tweezed your Natural brows to start with. The fuller your natural brows without a pencil, the easier it would be to fill in with pencil. I always advice that you grow out your eyebrows and tweeze not too often so you can achieve this.
4. To really make your eyebrows pop, and appear well defined, clean off excess pencil strokes and outline brows using a lighter shade concealer and an angled brush
5. Prime eyelids with an eye Primer. This would ensure that your eyeshadows grab onto the lids and stay longer. It would also help prevent creasing of eyeshadows which might usually occur after a couple hours of wearing makeup.
Mary Kay eyelid primer and NYX Jumbo pencil in Milk was used for this look
6. For the simple look, what you want to achieve is soft smokey eye with a not so pronounced winged liner. Ensure that you use eyeshadow brushes to apply. Start with a base color in warm browns and dark browns creating a fine mix between the two. Darken around the crease and into the outer v of the eyes.
7. For the more intense Look, you are working with shadows that are much brighter and intense in Blues and Purple hues whichever you prefer
Key points for this Look:
-You want to really make your eyes pop. Your choice of lashes would be much fuller.
-You want to have a really defined contour enhancing your cheek bones. So you are going to deepen the contour and highlights on your cheek area bright bronzing powders to highlight and darker powders to contour.
-To drive attention to your pout, you might (optional) outline the top of your lips with a bright foundation/bronzing powder just on your cupid.
#Follow makeupByOrsela on Instagram (@makeupbyorsela) and Twitter (@makeupbyorsela) for more #FreeMakeupFriday and pictorials @makeupbyorsela