FIRE GUTS PART OF PROTEA HOTEL, IKEJA.
Fire gutted part of Protea Hotel, Ikeja which started about 5:00 PM yesterday. According to eye-witnesses, the fire started from a generator set at the back of hotel which exploded.
The director of fire service in Lagos, Mr Rasaq Fadipe informed journalists that they received a distress call at 5:10 PM and responded immediatey with two fire trucks. He added that due to their quick response, only a part of the hotel got destroyed.
Property destroyed I said to be worth millions of Naira.