28 days of Blissful Beauty Day 2: Beauty That Don’t Cost a Thing!
We are daily bombarded with adverts that tell us how to be beautiful. They tell that we need dozens of products and procedures to look attractive–creams and highlighters and foundations and blush and toners. We sure need all that. The other day I had not even bought five items and I had spent so much already. Maintaining outward beauty can be somewhat expensive but here are few beauty tips that don’t cost a thing.
* Drink to Your Beauty. To keep your skin hydrated and fresh, drink plenty of water. Sure, we all need the occasional glass of wine or our daily bottle of coke, but the rest of the time it’s all about the H2O.
* Breathe. Take a deep breath and hold yourself with grace and dignity. Beauty is more than the products you put on, it’s the way you carry yourself. Speaking of which…
* Practice Good Posture. Good posture can instantly make you more beautiful. Let’s all be lovely ballerinas at our computers–stomachs in, back flat, chin up. Look at that. We are prettier already.
* Smile. A simple and straightforward beauty tip that is twice as attractive when it’s genuine.
* Less is more. Go through your closet and get rid of all the items that are worn and outdated, and that simply don’t fit. It’s far better to work with a limited, tried-and-true wardrobe that makes you feel good than have an endless supply of shabby items that just don’t work.
* Be Classic. It’s terribly expensive to constantly be updating your style to align with the ever-changing trends. There’s absolutely nothing wrong with being classic. Take a look at Michelle Obama, a perfectly timeless example of elegance. Her simple, understated wardrobe would be just as stylish hundred years later as it is today.
* Know that you don’t have to be perfect, to be perfect. We are all flawed. (well, except maybe Elizabeth Hurley). The pimple here. The black spot there. The sun burn, the scar. Too thin, too wide, too small, too large. There’s a reason the models in magazines are phot0shoped. It’s simply impossible to be perfect! Just be you… with all the flaws.
*Build Your Confidence. You are beautiful. Believe it. Radiate it. Confidence is beautiful.