Our Beauty Coach Funto Oni we give 28 days of Blissful Beauty..
We’ve all seen those few people who manage to look fresh all the time. You know, the ones who always look like they’ve just taken a shower, like they’re ready to do anything and who always have a smile ready on their faces and just seem to be emanating cheer and goodwill all around. Hmmn..
Well, maintaining that kind of a look is not so easy especially when you live in Lagos…
There are added challenges:
The climate- extreme heat, sometimes it feels like the ozone layer is completely depleted at this part of the world. Global burning. The people you meet everyday – angry drivers, rude bus conductors, angry bosses… Things that can really test your patience – long queues (for PMS especially), irate colleagues… the list goes on.
Whew! However, here are some tips to keep that fresh look all day long no matter what:
1. Attitude – Take a deep breath and just let go of all the negativity. If you know you’ll
be meeting people who’re going to test your patience, prepare for it before hand.
Try listening to an inspiring song soon as you wake up.
2. Skin Care – Take care of your skin. Make sure you use the right type of cleanser, toner and moisturizer for your skin type.
3. Food – Eat healthy food. In this part of the world, sometimes I’m scared rice would start growing on our heads. We eat too much carbohydrate. Try your possible best to eat a balanced diet. I know I’m guilty of eating junk most of the time, but I try to eat healthy as much as I can… oats, fruits, fish, lots of water.
4. Sleep – Get enough sleep. You need at least 6 hours of sleep every night. It recharges your skin, your body, your mind, everything. This forms the base for everything to come. If your sleep has been compromised on, then it’ll affect everything else. Sleeping Beauty didn’t get her name for nothing.
5. Stay prepared – stay prepared always with a beautiful smile for every situation. Go ahead and make that ear to ear grin. Nothing can stop you from looking as fresh as a daisy all day!