THE 18th NIGERIAN ECONOMIC SUMMIT (NES) is scheduled to hold this year at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja, from the 3rd – 5Th of December. This year’s discourse is “Deregulation, Cost of Governance and Nigeria’s Economic Prospects” and it promises to be interesting as usual.
The Presidential Dialogue led by President Goodluck Jonathan will continue the frank and open interaction between the highest level of political leadership in Nigeria, business leaders and the citizens; which began with NES #16.
This dialogue will provide an opportunity for the Federal Government to provide update on key elements of the Transformation Agenda, particularly its efforts at deregulation, reduction in cost of governance, infrastructure improvements and security while the private sector will provide their perspectives on the state of our nation and their practical efforts to advance Nigeria’s economic development.
Below are some of the dignitaries expected to speak at the event:
- HE, Shaukat Aziz, former Prime Minister of Pakistan
- Hon. Aminu Tambuwal, Speaker, Federal House of Representatives
- HE, Ike Ekweremadu, Deputy Senate President
- Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, Governor of Edo State
- HE, Vice Admiral Murtala Nyako, Governor, Adamawa State
- Mrs. Diezani AIlison-Madueke, Minister for Petroleum Resources
- Prof. Paul Reynolds, Global Economic Policy Institute
- Dr Ernest Ndukwe, former Vice-Chairman, Nigerian Communications Commission
- Mr Tony Elumelu, Chairman, Heirs Holdings Limited
- Dr Ayodeji Adewumi, Co-founder, Jobberman.com
You too can be a part of this forum to move our nation forward. To
register, simply send ‘NESG REGISTER’ to 20050.
For more info, visit www.nigerianeconomicsummit.org