Entries for ‘Women for Africa’ Awards is Open, Nominations end January 31st
‘Women for Africa’ was birthed from a 20 year desire and passion to see women honoured and appreciated in a celebratory way. Everywhere you go in life you see women. Focused, driven, determined, ambitious, resourceful, passionate, talented, inspiring are just some of the characteristics that are embedded in these women.
Africa has over 40 countries and a large number of women who are unique and different in their own individual ways. Women of all walks of life tend to face a lot of challenges in today’s society and we feel it is time this is recognised, hence why we are launching Women for Africa Awards to celebrate and encourage African women. For more information about this event click the Women for Africa Awards link.
The ‘Women For Africa Awards UK’ will in 2012 seek to honour and award a number of women from African countries at a prestigious venue in central London. The categories have been carefully picked so as to encompass women in their many different roles.
AUTHOR/BLOGGER OF THE YEAR
EDUCATOR OF THE YEAR
MEDIA PROFESSIONAL OF THE YEAR
YOUNG ACHIEVER OF THE YEAR (18-25)
INSPIRATIONAL WOMAN OF THE YEAR
SOCIAL AND HUMANITARIAN OF THE YEAR
SPORTS WOMAN OF THE YEAR
2 INTERNATIONAL CATEGORIES
INTERNATIONAL AFRICAN WOMAN OF THE YEAR (Non UK Based)
INTERNATIONAL HUMANITARIAN OF THE YEAR (Non UK Based)
‘Women for Africa’ will also be presenting a ‘Special Woman’ award which will be going.
How to Nominate
Submissions for nominations for the ‘Women for Africa Awards UK 2012’ event can be sent now!
PLEASE NOTE THERE IS NO COST TO ENTER THESE AWARDS.All nominations will be treated in confidence and only viewed by the selection panel and category sponsors.
A woman is eligible to enter the ‘ Women for Africa Awards UK’ 2012 if;
• She is resident in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and has been so for a period of 12 months before the date of application. (This does not apply to those in the ‘International Category’)
• If she was born on the continent of Africa; or if she is born into an ethnic group or had at least two parents born into an ethnic group or groups, of African origin.
• Please note all nominees must be older than 18 on December 31, 2010.
If you would like to nominate yourself or someone you know that falls into any of the listed categories. Please check that you or the person is eligible and then send the following:
- A picture of the nominee
- A brief profile in no more than 100 words as to why the nominee fits the chosen category.
- A referee (someone who can verify the nominee) name and contact details.
- Please state which African country the nominee is from.
- Please include a contact email for the nominee.
In addition, please include in your email subject the words ‘Nomination’ followed by the category you wish to nominate them for e.g.
Nomination: ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
All selected nominees will be informed once the nomination selections have taken place and will then be entered onto the site for public viewing and judging panel to make final decision to which the winners will be announced on the day of the event.