Singer and Gospel artiste Eric Arubayi passed on the 11th of February, 2017. He was born in Delta State to Professor Eric and Diana Arubayi. He spent most of his childhood in in the town of Abraka long before he found fame in Music. He is survived by his wife and son. Read five things you probably didn’t know about Eric Arubayi.
- Compared to other musicians Eric always performed live
- He came into limelight due to his participation in the West African Idol maiden edition, where he finished as the third runner-up just behind Timi Dakolo and Omawumi
- He was greatly influenced by RnB music group, Boys II Men
- He has also worked as an interior decorator after his participation in West African Idols
- He remained a gospel singer, even though most of the other contestants went into secular music.